Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I sat on my ass for nine hours today.

I feel left out with people posting about the amount of time they were on the thread mill desk or the route they took when running today. So I want to record how much time I spend each day sitting around on my fat ass all day. It started with the cab ride to the LIRR because I was too lazy to take the train. When I got out of the cab on Flatbush Avenue I got an apple donut and a large black coffee and the Post and the Daily News. Then I got on the railroad to go out to Long Island. That took about an hour of sitting around. Then I was at my desk for eight hours. I called out for lunch so I didn't even go outside. The only time I got off my ass was to take stuff out of the printer or to drain the lizard. Then back on the railroad home for another hour. I did fall asleep at some point and drooled a little on my shirt. Then I took the G train to the store where I will sit on my ass for another three hours paying bills until about nine o'clock.

Boy I'm bushed.

5 comments:

dbp said...

That kind of day would kill me.

If there is a lunch meeting or something which keeps me from getting out of the office for an hour, I am ready to strangle the next person I see by the end of the day.

I have got to get up and move around--probably have a touch of ADD.

I'm Full of Soup said...

You have a real job? I didn't know that - thought you were just the next retail mogul.

Trooper York said...

I do my accounting stuff still, but I am cutting it down. I have been telling clients I won't be doing their work this year. A lot of them are on extension until Oct 15th and then it's so long charley.

I will be in ladies bloomers full time.

Well you know what I mean.

blake said...

Let's see...if I do the math...I was on the treadmill about five hours, slept for about seven, did about 15 minutes of errands, which with assorted odds-and-ends we can round up to about an hour...that gives me 11 hours on my ass.

Just so you don't feel alone.

I mean, seriously, dude, I'm on the treadmill because if I weren't, we're talking 16 hours on my ass.

rcocean said...

Trooper you need to take that accounting/finance and line of BS and go into banking.

Fishman got $13 million for 3 weeks work & selling WaMu to JP Morgan Chance for zero. Be a Bank President -even if everyone loses you still win.