Friday, December 26, 2008

A dubious distinction.

It is a dubious distinction to be know as the least hot Catwoman. I mean Eartha Kitt was a sexy woman but way too short to be Catwoman. I always saw Catwoman as long and lean and feline in style like Julie Newmar or Lee Meriweather or even Hallie who made for being short by having a rocking body.

Eartha was at her sexiest singing in that whiskey soaked voice some sexy jazz as she hung over a piano. And she was a tough broad with a great sense of humor.

May she rest in peace.

4 comments:

chickelit said...

I wasn't even aware that she had played catwoman until she died.

But I've grooved on that music of hers for years.

Eartha Kitt (R.I.P.)

ricpic said...

Troop, did you see Eartha in her prime? She was one svelte cat. And there was a great, I'm putting you on and you know I'm putting you on, quality to her work. Santa Baby's an absolute classic in that regard.

Trooper York said...

Oh she was really sexy and a great jazz singer. It was just that the old Batman TV show was camp and she was cool not camp. It looked like she had a lot of fun doing it as it was the "cool" thing at the time. She got the joke, and you knew it. I remember when she was on the Dean Martin ahow and she sang a duet with Dean. Man that was smokin' hot.

Why can't we have TV like that instead of fuckin Law & Order, CSI Madison.

blake said...

Troop--we're probably getting back to that kind of TV....