Saturday, July 17, 2010

Back to work!


So I have to open the store today. As I stop off in the "Fancy Pants" cafe to pick up a coffee I run into a guy I know from back in the day. He was all dressed in his colors because he joined a motorcycle club. Not a gang like the Hells Angels or anything but a club of guys from Brooklyn who ride every weekend. He was on his way to a ride to Montauk and back. I said hello and hows the family and all that stuff.


When I opened the store a woman was waiting to come in. She desperately wanted to buy some "Skinny Britches" which is this no product from Spanx. It is a slimming garment in a lot of vibrant pastels that they sell in a "boy short" style that is extremely popular. So popular that when I get it in, the girls buy every one I have almost immediately. One girl bought seven pairs in one shot. Every color. So I can't keep it in the store.


Then I helped a girl buy a non-traditional wedding dress for her marriage next month. She got a snappy white dress that we had bought for the girls who go to "white" parties in the Hampton's during the summer. Perfect for a beach wedding.


So after she leaves I think to myself. "I definitely know too much about women's clothing."

1 comment:

blake said...

I'm waiting for the picture of you in drag.