Friday, July 16, 2010

Hey it has to be Five O'clock somewhere!


Finding Santa Cristina on the cruise inspired me to pick up a couple of cases when we got home. I had them delivered from the wine store as I am too old to carry them anymore. I put them in to chill. Although most people like to drink red wine at room tempature that is not indicated when it is 90 degrees like it is today. So a light chill will work.
We are going to sit in the yard tonight with some wine and cheese and olives and figs and grapes and just relax.
You have to rest up from your vacation.

10 comments:

chickelit said...

Good thing you're relaxing after working so hard. I wouldn't want to see you end up like Captain Phil.

nino said...

Hey Trooper...Sounds like my life every day here in Florida...My son is still up in Brooklyn and can't get him down here...Used to have a fig tree in the back yard..Figs were great..Don't know how you eat those store ones...

Trooper York said...

Hey Nino. I have a big fig tree in my yard and I got some early figs this year. So we are having a couple.

nino said...

Sounds great...make sure you tie it up every winter....what type of figs brown (my favorite) or green...when are you going back to Florida

Trooper York said...

Green figs but they ripen nicely when I put them in a paper bag on my kitchen counter for a day or two.

We won't be back in Florida until Christmas. We have another cruise planned out of Miami for the holidays.

Ron said...

Good to see you having so much fun, man! I live vicariously though your cruise!

chickelit said...

Ron, who wants to live like a vicar?

Michael Haz said...

What a great trip! I especially like the photos of your family.

Your photo? Seen it before, at the Post Office.

Peter V. Bella said...

Now that sounds like a plan. Simple, tasty food, good wine, and a lovely lady. Whattta guy!

An Edjamikated Redneck said...

Technically, there is a point where it is not 5:00 somewhere, as I detailed here:
http://anedjamikatedredneck.blogspot.com/2010/01/its-five-oclock-somewhere-or-not.html