Thursday, August 19, 2010

Rememberance of Things Past.


Well as you no doubt know, I have been out of action the last few days and staying close to home. The last couple of days I have been walking a little to get the circulation going in my leg. So I walked to the store from my house which is about four blocks.


As I was toodling along with my cane people would come out of the stores and restaurants on Court St. Now the guys in Good Food knew all about it and call me every day to see if I need a sandwich or anything delivered. I did all of my shopping this week by phone and they delivered right to my door. One of my clients arranged for Fresh Direct to drop off meals for a couple of days which was pretty cool and totally unexpected.


But the restaurant guys were the best. As I passed the owner would come out and asked what was up. I would tell him about it and they would go "Let me know what you need and we will send it right over. Anything you want."


But the most interesting was the people who own the Thai restaurant. We decided to get take out and we went around the corner right at closing. One of the owners was sitting out at the front instead of being in the kitchen. He goes "You sit right down and eat now on the house. You want any food I have them bring to you....No plastic....in dish just like restaurant."


You see he knew we lived around the corner and wanted to deliver the food on the actual restaurant dishes so it we be hot and delicious instead of waiting to put it in the plastic take out containers. That was touching to say the least.


Just goes to show you if you treat people right you will get it back when you need it.


Remember that the next time you order a bagel.

17 comments:

Ron said...

I'd make a lasagna for ya, Trooper....be careful with your leg.

blake said...

Nice! And people say New Yorkers are rude!

Beth said...

I love living in a city. You live in THE city, but you know what I mean.

It sounds like a wonderful day in your neighborhood, Trooper.

Michael Haz said...

Trooper, I'm glad to read that you are resting, recovering and moving around. Great news!

And that is a wonderful story.

Penny said...

"Let me know what you need and we will send it right over."

And I prefer to wonder just exactly what YOU might need...

Darcy said...

Beautiful.

You've touched people, and they're letting you know they care.

chickelit said...

I can tell you really meant this one because there was now pun in the title.

Penny said: And I prefer to wonder just exactly what YOU might need...

Trooper may not need us but I sense that he likes us.

Dust Bunny Queen said...

Good to hear you are up and at'em

A big city can be like a small town neigborhood if you are in the right places....and it sounds like you are.

On the other hand....they may just be sucking up to you for some unknown reason.. (kidding!)

Anonymous said...

Glad that you're on the rebound, Troop. Doesn't surprise me in the least that you have people watching your back for you. Even my friends don't like me, so I can't ever get sick.

ricpic said...

You get food for free?! Anyone gets food for free's got it made.

That remark about the bagel is cryptic.

Finally a belated "The Giants win the pennant! The Giants win the pennant! The Giants win the pennant!" for you know who.

nino said...

Hey Troop I tried the food there before I moved to Florida.. It was great food...Not expensive either... Wasn't that store a coffee shop at one time????

Trooper York said...

Yeah Nino, it was called Josie's Java. It was my buddy's Mom's store. Also a video store where we used to hang out in the 1980's.

If those walls could talk!

(If those walls could talk I would be in deep shit)

Trooper York said...

Here is the meaning of the bagel ricpic.

Christy said...

Good to see you up and about, blogging and commenting.

So, what do you think about the remake of "True Grit?"

Trooper York said...

Is there really a remake?

I hadn't heard about that. I will have to check it out.

Or are talking about John McCain's relationship with Snookie from "The Jersey Shore"?

blake said...

Troop--

The Coen Brothers have remade it with Jeff Bridges in the lead.

rcocean said...

Yeah,the Coen's remade it, but have they improved it? We'll see.

And Trooper, glad to know you're up and about.