Friday, August 13, 2010

So it wasn't so bad.

I got back from my follow up and everything seems good. The vein is clotting and the subsidiary veins will start to die off and I should be feeling pretty good in a month or so.

When I went into the surgery they gave me three Valiums which kinda of worried me as I never take pain killers at all. They only gave me a local so I was awake through the whole thing making jokes and busting balls. The weird thing was that they never took my blood pressure or anything like that there to start. They just started jabbing me with needles and sticking a wire and a laser beam thingy up my leg to my crotch. I asked "Hey where is the machine that goes ping?" and "Did you guys wash your hands?" They had this young girl observing and I go to her "Oh you are a baby doctor." She goes "No I am the chief resident at Long Island College Hospital" in her best snotty Carrie Weaver voice. It is hard to have an operation when you have your hands covering your pisc-a-deal. I mean seriously?

Luckily both of the nurse are plus size and they are coming for a shopping spree so I was covered. Well my pisc-a-deal wasn't covered as they kept opening the door and walking out and coming back in. I guess that was what all the laughing in the hallway was about.

I am only feeling some pulling and stretching every time I move but otherwise everything is cool. I even forgot to take the Advils I was supposed to take. So I guess I can't complain.

3 comments:

Jason (the commenter) said...

I'm glad things went well. I'd need the three valiums just to keep from freaking out. You're a braver man than me!

blake said...

Pisc-a-deal?

I'm Full of Soup said...

Great to hear things went well.

I had a torn eyelid once - got it playing basketball. That was the only time I had surgery and I had to be awake too. It was nerve wracking and stressful. I sweated so much I think I lost about ten lbs during the operation.