Saturday, November 15, 2008

Talking to Mets fans just makes me sad.

So I am in the bank yesterday making a wire transfer and the eager puppy bank guy wants to talk about the Yankees and the free agent market. Now the manager of the branch really is humorless and doesn't really know what he is doing so I try not to deal with him too much. The assistant manager is the one who knows what is going on. I had her come into the store and hooked her up with some sunglasses and a scarf as she is a size six so she doesn't fit into anything. When ever you are in a situation where you need something done you should always find out the person who knows what they are doing and bribe or tip them heavily. You know not the pretty waitress but the one who actually does the work. It might even be the food runner who can push your order through first. Or the guy who slices the meat at the deli counter instead of the owner of the shop. You know the important guy. But anyway the manager guy decides to jump into the conversation. And he is a big time Mets fan.

So we are talking and he's trying to tell me that the Mets are going to sign CC Sabathia over the Yankees. I just laughed in his face. I said dude "The Mets will never out spend the Yankees. The only reason they got Beltran and Santana is because the Yankees turned them down. Get Real." He got all huffy and pompous but all the other dudes who worked in the bank almost pissed their pants. I just hate talking to Mets fans.They have an incredably skewed view of their place in the ecosystem.

They think they are lions when they are really jackals. You can respect a Red Sox fan because lately since they have copied the Yankees and started spending money they have been winning. But the Mets. Please Louise. Give me a break.

I just have to make sure I only deal with the assistant manager. I don't want the manager to make any "mistakes."

1 comment:

SS said...

You aren't wrong. Unfortunately. They have a habit of going after "The Japanese Greg Maddux."