Monday, December 22, 2014

You know I hate the dog ass Jets....but


I will always root for Nick Mangold from now on until he retires. He was one of the few NY sport stars who had the balls to support the cops in this time of trouble.

The Yankees stepped up as they always do in these cases. They are covering the college education of Officer Ramos two sons through the Sliver Shield foundation. Founded by George Steinbrenner it has sent hundreds of children of slain policemen to college.

The Mets of course have not been heard from.

3 comments:

ndspinelli said...

Kudos to Steinbrenner. I know for all his faults, he was a very generous man who never sought attention for his generosity.

Trooper York said...

That is the one police charity that I contribute to since they did yeomans work after 911.

Chip S. said...

It is good of the Yanks to pay for the slain officer's kids' college.

Of course, it's chump change compared to the $$ they're saving on the SS position. It seemed strange to me at first that they'd sign Clinton's old press sec to replace Jeter, but then I realized she's gotta go to her left better than he did.