Sunday, January 18, 2009

Tales from Amy's Garden, Shiny happy people edition.


Fiver: There's something very queer about the warren this evening
Hazel: Is it dangerous?
Fiver: It's not exactly danger, it's... oh, I don't know. Something oppressive... like thunder.
Hazel: I feel it too. There is such a bad vibe in the garden today. Have you been near the garden on your patrol today Bigwig?
Bigwig: Yes and the lady in the cottage was very angry today. She was very angry as she pushed the buttons on that machine she always uses. She kept shouting bullshit and say what you mean. She seemed to be sending out a lot of very angry mean letters. It was very scary.
Fiver: Oh my goodness, I hope she is not planning to change the garden. I don’t want to have to move the warren again.
Bigwig: No it wasn't about the warren. She was shouting and laughing about all the people she didn’t have sex with.
Hazel: Well she seems to be getting stranger and stranger. I would be afraid to get too close.
Bigwig: I don't really know. She seems so very sad. And she was playing her music very loudly.
Fiver: What was she listening to?
Bigwig: She just kept playing the same song. “Shiny happy people.” It must be about her friends.
Fiver: Or maybe the people she hasn’t had sex with.
Hazel: I think people are strange. I prefer rabbits.
(Watership Down, 1972

3 comments:

Darcy said...

These are brilliant, Trooper. I start laughing as soon as I begin reading them now.

Trooper York said...

Thanks Darcy, if you get it then my job is done.

Nichevo said...

I feel dreadful about Amy Winehouse! She used to be such a shayna maidele.