Friday, July 3, 2009

They don't have them out here in America!


Simon said...
I've only ever heard of Nathan's through How I Met Your Mother (the "Barney ran the marathon" episode). They don't have them out here in America! ;)


Sorry for not posting for a few days but we flew down to Florida and boy are arms tired. We took the granddaughter home and are hanging out in Alligator land till after the Fourth of July.
So the Brooklyn people are out in America seeing all the stuff we don't have in the city. Like Walmart.

All the way there on the plane we watched direct TV and every other commercial was for Walmart and their new meat department. I don't know about that. But we did go and buy a bunch of stuff for the house. You see I have to have all my gadgets if I am going to cook. So I got a new food processor and a bunch of mixing bowls and a new set of really sharp chef's knives.

Then we went to this place called Penn Dutch which is a big supermarket of some sort. What was cool was we got a whole filet mignon and the butcher cut it for us and gave the scraps ground up for burgers. So last night I made filet mignon on the bbq and made a mushroom sauce. With a big salad and some wine. And Penn Dutch apple pie with vanilla ice cream for desert.

Now the skirt steaks are marinating in the chimichurri sauce and we are going to the beach. I have to go and get sunblock # 1500 if I can find it.

19 comments:

I'm Full of Soup said...

Who is Simon? That astute lawyer commenter who disappeared from Althouse like he was a spurned suitor or something? Heh.

Btw how you gonna carry all that stuff back on the plane?

Trooper York said...

I am leaving the stuff at my daughters house so I can cook with all the gadgets I like at her place.

How am I expected to function without a whisk and a vegtable mandolin. I mean really.

Trooper York said...

I proud to say that Simon still comments here when he is not ipsoing his factos.

chickelit said...

Hey Troop & AJ,

Happy 4th to you both!

Trooper York said...

Right back at you chickenlittle.

ricpic said...

Apple pie ala mode is the best dessert evah! Especially after steak. What a great all American meal.

Jason (the commenter) said...

I ate at that Nathan's!

Glad to hear Trooper York is back in God's country. I do wish he had said something ahead of time though, so I would have had a chance to dust.

dr kill said...

Oh snap. Dude's in fucking Hollywood FL. And he's embarrassed to admit it. What's the over-under on residency?

dr kill said...

There's a really good peeler joint just south of Hallandale on the same side of the I. Just sayin.

Ron said...

Man, I'd kill for a good steel mandolin...not one of those cheap plastic ones which I'd snap in half in a week...

Hoosier Daddy said...

Troop! Nice to see you back buddy.

Just wanted to say Happy Independence Day to you and yours and knock back a beer for kicking those limey bastards back across the lake.

Simon of course excepted :-)

Peter V. Bella said...

Have a great Fourth Troop! I will be grilling Cornish Hens in a diable style- lots of mustard. I also have a great sauce for them.

Penny said...

Happy Independence Day everyone!

I will be making pig. Well pig ribs to be exact.

Have fun in with the family in Florida, Troop.

Simon said...

Hoosier Daddy said...
"Simon of course excepted :-)"

Hey, I was for the continentals. ;)

Simon said...

Which is to say, happy Fourth of July, all. :)

Simon said...

Which is to say, happy Fourth of July, all. :)

blake said...

Happy 4th, everyone.

I'm Full of Soup said...

Trooper:

Have a fifth on the 4th!

Christy said...

I hear you about the right cooking tools. I've been cooking for my sister's family since her recent surgery and I'm going nuts trying to use her knives and pans without getting rude bout 'em.

Happy Independence Day, Everyone!