Friday, March 5, 2010

It's no longer there in black and white


"Miss Kyle."
"Yes who is it?"
"It's Doctor Picardo, the head of the institute. May I come in?"
"Of course Doctor. Has my therapist returned. I have not had a session in many months and I feel I could use one."
"No I am afraid he is no longer with us."
"Why is that?"
"I don't really know. One day he just left. With no explanation. But that happens sometimes especially in the mental health field. But more importantly how are you?"
"Tired Doctor, very tired."
"Yes you seem to have aged a great deal recently."
"Well you see it is only the intense regard of my fans that has kept me in fit and fettle. Without it my juices wither and I age. I age a great deal. It is only in the minds of my fans that I remain the ripe young peach that I was then.......we had faces then."
"Well I have to say that you are free to go. You time with us has ended Miss Kyle."
"Yes it seems to have come to an end. Farewell Doctor. It is time for me to leave."

2 comments:

chickelit said...

"Fettle to the metal" as it were.

chickelit said...

Fare thee well Selina.
You will be missed.