Saturday, March 27, 2010

You got to keep slugging man!

Whew, what a busy week. All I did was knock out tax returns most of the week. But I took one day to go to the city and buy clothes for the fall with the wife. You see before spring even begins you have to buy the fall stuff. So you have to make a lot of decisions.

After we picked out a ton of clothes we went to this fabric joint called "Mood" to see if we could find any cool prints for dresses and tops and the new skirts we are making. It is the same joint that Project Runway uses. And let me tell you I was not impressed. It was a shit hole. The place in California (pictured above) we went to last year was a lot better. So I don't know how it is going to work out.

Anyway I had to stay in the store on Saturday instead of going in to do taxes so I am even more behind.

I hate tax season.

4 comments:

Michael Haz said...

So you're betting that people will be able to afford clothes next Fall?

That's an increasingly risky proposition these days.

ricpic said...

That's an interesting question Mike asks. I have another question. You have to make your fall purchases in spring. Let's say you buy mainly primary colors, bold reds, yellows and blues. In the fall the designer kingpins decree that this will be the year of earth colors. Women are notoriously lemminglike when it comes to the fashion orders from on high. "Oh, I really like the cut of this dress, but do you have it in beige or brown?" Any way to defend against that scenario?

Trooper York said...

Well you see everyone orders at the same time. So when go to the shows you see what the dominant colors and styles are. If you want to be on trend you buy that. For example for spring blue was all over the place. So we took in a lot of blue. There really aren't any secrets. You just have to pay attention.

Trooper York said...

The one good thing about our store is that no one and I mean no one does what we do. Which is make our own clothes. SO we kind of have a captive audience.