Monday, December 13, 2010

Sorry I caught a virus!


Or more correctly the old one is acting up. It is one of those crazy ones that tries to force you to buy their software to cure the virus they are giving you in the first place. So my computer died and I couldn't even log on. It might be a total loss. I brought it over to the geek squad to see if they can do something with it but I am not too hopeful.


The thing is that it had a lot of important stuff on it. Like the link to use my UPS printer which I am trying to figure out.


Plus we are very busy in the store as we are having a sale. So I am like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. So the posting and commenting was a little light. Which is a pity because me friend Meade needed my support in a thread yesterday. I mean he did just fine but I wanted to throw in my two cents but just couldn't get to do it.


Oh and by the way whose that dick? The one in the picture with the virus and the fishing pole?

11 comments:

chickelit said...

So I am like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

You should delegate that task or at least automate it: link.

ricpic said...

Capone.

chickelit said...

Capone

But Fonzie was no Dick.

Fowl ball.

The Dude said...

Your cousin Al. Nothing to clap about.

MamaM said...

MamaM's relieved. She can't decide if an ass-kicking trumps or gives way to an ass-licking, but she considers computer viruses to be the lowest of the low and sends sympathy.

She almost came unhinged herself when the left hinge joint of her trusty Wonder Box suddenly cracked from too much posting, leaving things looser and floppier than she prefers. But repair is on the way.

The mysterious gravitational pull of the great rh is that he never returns fire.

A man of few words, RH is a dab hand with a camera.

Titus said...

I love you Troop. Your postings are very smart and witty. You should write a book or at least for the NY Times.

Big Hug.

Titus said...

When I was young, like 6-7 and watched Happy Days I wanted to do The Fonz.

I'm Full of Soup said...

So what do you have to say about losing Cliff Lee?

dick said...

Since you love lawyers so much check this out - the list of December's Most Ridiculous Lawsuits - you will love them:

http://www.ilrinfo.org/email/email_v2.cfm?ID=276

Beth said...

Trooper,

Buy a Mac, or if you won't do that, google and download Malwarebytes and keep it updated. Run it daily. It should deter most of the viruses like the one you describe. There's a free version.

Trooper York said...

Thanks Beth.

But what happens is that I get stuff from all of the crazy sites I click on to get these crazy photos. I had a malware and spyware program but I think this virus predated it and finally got me. My computer is dead and I need to transfer to a new one.