Friday, April 9, 2010

Lee Lee's Valise on What Not to Wear again on Friday April 9th at 9pm


Hey a quick programming note! Lee Lee’s Valise will be on TLC’s What Not to Wear again tonight at 9pm EST and repeated again at 11pm. The subject is Miriam who is described thusly on their website:

“Having come out of a toxic relationship that dictated what she could wear, Miriam is now a nudist. But when she does decide to wear clothes they're either baggy or shapeless. Can Miriam find a hip, modern style that will help her to be taken seriously?”

We didn’t know if Miriam had fun when she was at the store but she sent us a very nice email saying that she had a great time and got a lot of great stuff. We mentioned that in our email to our customers and Miriam got the email because she had signed up on the email list. So she sent us this email today:


I wasn't sure that you got my email! I'm glad you did!


I still really love your dresses. I'll be back for more. :)”I'm also having a viewing party tonight in the theater I'm currently acting in. We'll be performing at 9pm, when the show airs, so they are letting me invite friends to view it in the theater at 9:30. Come and see the show I'm in, CALIGULA MAXIMUS at the La MaMa etc theatre (66 E. 4th St.) and use the code CMAX for a discount. You can stay after the show for the clothing-optional viewing of the episode in the same theatre! It's gonna be a blast! I hope to see you!

Miriam Tabb

Actress and owner of Life Noted”

So I emailed her back to see if the clothing optional referred to the actors or the audience. She said it goes for everybody.

I don’t think America is ready for a naked Trooper York.

Anyhoo if you are around the theatre by all means go down and hang out. So to speak.

10 comments:

Ron said...

You'd better go there nude! You know that blogger lady wouldn't!

Hoosier Daddy said...

Ok I'll be watching. You in the show this time or in the back counting all your money?w

Jason (the commenter) said...

At this rate, you'll have to start telling us when your store isn't on.

Anonymous said...

Very cool. Congratulations, Trooper.

Michael Haz said...

Fantastic! I hope the mentions and everything else that comes form WNTW help the business grow and prosper; not easy things to do th4se days.

Trooper York said...

They almost never put the owners in the show. If they did, Lisa would be out front.

In this episode, Stacy and Clinton hugged Lisa and asked the producer if they could put her on camera but he nixed it.

That's why we need our own show.

Trooper York said...

We got a ton of on-line orders and people joining up after the show.

I'm Full of Soup said...

Hey even I watched until they showed the sign in your store. Good job.

Trooper York said...

Thanks AJ. That was some good advertising.

It only cost a couple of six packs to the cameraman.

You have to know who to talk too you know what I mean. Hee.

Hoosier Daddy said...

If Stacy hugged me....well never mind.