Saturday, July 23, 2011

Disco Inferno


So we were coming home from the airport and decided to go right to Lowes to pick up a new grill.

They had all kinds of gas grills ranging in price from $100 to $1000 but price was not the problem. It was how it would fit inside the house. My backyard is accessible through the house. I don't have a driveway or any way to get to the yard as it is surrounded by other brownstones. So anything I bought had to fit in the front door and make the turns necessary to get it into the yard.

I picked up the booklet on the grill I liked and the first thing I saw was the assembly instructions.
Trooper don't play that. The only thing I can assemble is a sandwich. So I call the Lowes dude over and he tells me they have a bunch of pre-assembled ones outside in the 100 degree heat. We found one that should fit through the door and we were good to go.

9 comments:

Palladian said...

I love to see a happy couple posing in front of grills and privacy fences.

Trooper York said...

Thanks buddy.

You can't beat a good Lowes or Home Depot photo shoot.

Roger J. said...

Good heavens trooper--do NOT let Althouse see those shorts! the subject of ridicule for days--now the ms trooper? hot

edutcher said...

What Roger said.

And I hope the inclusion of Mrs Troop does not mean you actually subjected her to physical labor in this accursed weather.

That's men's work.

(especially young men's work)

Trooper York said...

Are you kidding?

She is there to boss us around.

Trooper York said...

That's women's work.

edutcher said...

Tell me!

PS Isn't at least a couple of weeks' worth of Bermuda High (not together, of course) par for the course in Gotham the way it is in Philadelphia?

I had an aunt who lived in Ridgewood/Fairlawn NJ (maybe you know it) when I was young (haven't been in that neck of the woods since '60) and I seem to recall some very hot days

Trooper York said...

They said that this was the hottest day since 1957....the year I was born....so I am expecting a lot out of the kids born this week.

edutcher said...

Yeah, I would have been up in Ridgewood in July '57 (turned 9 the next month), so my memory hasn't completely gone bye bye quite yet.

I guess you have to get up around Baaston before the heat is less of a factor.