Saturday, July 2, 2011

I hate when I don't feel good.


I have been fighting off an lung infection the last week or so. It was really knocking me out. I always used to get something similar at the end of the tax season when the stress and the overwork would just knock me on my ass. But we have been going nonstop for weeks with the store and winding down the accounting practice and the secret project. So I am really dragging ass.

So much so that I actually went to the doctor which I do about every decade. He prescribed an antibiotic. Now I never take an antibiotic when I am sick. I just use Nyquil and Vic's Vapor Rub and Luedens cough drops and man up and fight my way through it. But I was not able to do it this time so I broke down and got some pills. I have been taking them and it is working well especially since I am not immune to the effects as I never take them so they are cleaning me out if you know what I mean.

We are taking off Monday and Tuesday of next week so hopefully I can get some rest. Of course they are going to film "What Not to Wear" next Thursday so we will have another crazy week but hopefully I can rest enough so I am not dragging ass.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

14 comments:

blake said...

Stay healthy, man.

The world needs it's ass kicked. Things have been going to hell since you were too laid up to do the kicking.

Trooper York said...

I am just a little tired and I didn't have the time or the energy to blog. I wonder how I am going to fit everything in once the shitzl hits the fan which will be the second week of August. I have to get an I-pad. The wife has one and I think I can blog on it during my down time. So I might look into that.

Jason (the commenter) said...

Wow, first a Kindle and now an I-pad!

Jason (the commenter) said...

There's a Kindle app for the I-pad, by the way.

Trooper York said...

I know. I am getting all techno-geeky.

Jason (the commenter) said...

Just don't go all hipster on us.

TTBurnett said...

iPads are pretty terrible for content creation. You're better off getting a cheap netbook with a real keyboard. Can't imagine "Laura Bush's Diary" painfully tapped out on an iPad.

My son's school is giving all the incoming 9th graders free iPads, though. That's because iPads will substitute for textbooks, plus the kids can get assignments & materials over the net. They're actually cheaper & a lot easier for everyone than those bulky old books.

The future is now.

Peter V. Bella said...

Get well soon. I came off a cold only to get an abscessed tooth. One week of antibiotics and shitting like a mink.

Then the tooth gets yanked and what do I get- more antibiotics.

Trooper York said...

You are so right Peter. I am evacuating like the freaking french when they see a German.

Trooper York said...

That's interesting what you said Tim. The wife types laboriously on the laptop. I actually type about 150 words a minute believe it or not. So I just fly through things when I am posting. Of course that is also why I make so many typo's.

Titus said...

Troop, please rest and relax!

Love you to death.

tits.

chickelit said...

Make sure you finish taking all the antibiotics even after you start to feel better. Otherwise you'll help breed an independent resistant strain of super bug.

Just ask Buddy Hackett.

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Prayers for your quick recovery en route.

Trooper York said...

Thank you. I feel much better.