Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Should we leave the fall stuff out or what? What Not to Sell.

I told the wife that as soon as the show was over, I wanted to put the fall stuff away because I didn't want to start selling the premium Anna Scholz stuff we got before the season. I am actually going to bring the stuff to my house because I know my wife is going to start showing the stuff and selling it out in dribs and drabs. But all of our biggest customers are away for the summer and I want them to get this stuff fresh and not after it's been picked over for the rest of the summer. Plus it's July for crying out loud. I don't want to start selling the snake skin trench coat no matter how hot it is and how many people want it. Jeeeez.

1 comment:

blake said...

Do people really buy this far in advance?

I mean, the whole concept, doesn't that come from a time when the Wells Fargo Wagon had to make a delivery from the harbor, because a steam ship had to bring what you wanted from Europe?

I mean, we're definitely spoiled here. It's never very cold, but if it gets cold, I can, you know, just go to a store and buy a coat.

Except that they have the summer swimsuits up in the winter.