Saturday, May 1, 2010

Rembrance of Things Pabst


So last Friday night we went out with two other couples who are friends of ours but didn't know each other. But we knew they would hit it off and sure enough they did.


Now it is tough sometimes when you hang out with couples. Everybody knows how that works. Sometimes the guy is your friend but the wifes hate other. Or sometimes the wives are friends but the dude is just a dick. I mean it is easier for guys because we just don't give a shit. But is always best when everybody gets along.


Now what's great about these guys is that the both love their wifes and don't sweat the small stuff. Nobody has to be "King of the World" and we all give somebody else a chance to carry the conversational ball so to speak. Nothing is worse than having dinner with some dude who is a know it all. Because you see I usually know more about whatever it is and I don't want to get in an argument. I mean I hate to argue politics and shit like that. So all in all it was a perfect evening.


We went to the wine and cheese place and chowed down on some great dishes of cheeses and meats and salads and panini's and lots and lots of great wine. Great food and some great conversations.


What was really funny though is that the "Real Housewives of New York" came up in the conversation and it was universally agreed that Jill Zarin was a total fuckin' bitch. What's was funny that all three guys including me had watched every episode because our wives were addicted. So everyone had an opinion. It was pretty fuckin funny. To say the least.

9 comments:

Hoosier Daddy said...

You had me at the wine and cheese part...

ricpic said...

Ya know, that was my first impression of Zarin too. But the more I see of her and listen to her the more I think she has good sense. She may not be likable but she has standards that she holds herself to and holds the other broads on that show to as well.

Dust Bunny Queen said...

It is nice when couples get along.

My hubby has a buddy who is a hot rod mechanic so when they get together it is all hot rods, collectible cars, engines and car stuff. Good thing I like hotrods too. But if I didn't I would soon learn to like them so I can participate in the conversation.

You should always try to be interested in what your spouse likes to do, hobbies and stuff......or at least pretend. Thats what my husband does when I want to watch project runway. :-D

The buddy's wife would just sit and pout when the talk was about cars and try to change the subject to something where SHE was the center of attention. If that didn't work then she insisted that he take her home. She thought she was a little princess. What a bitch.

Eventually, he divorced her (thankfully) and now his new girlfriend is great. She doesn't care much about cars but is happy just to be in the group, funny, sense of humor and is a blast to be around.

Ron said...

Come to Fluffy Stuffin'!

blake said...

I've not seen a lot of episodes of the various "Real Housewives".

What I've seen makes me almost feel sorry for the guys who married them.

Trooper York said...

Almost?

blake said...

Yeah. Almost.

They had to be rich enough to afford these women and dumb enough to think they were "trophies".

My sympathy hits bottom in there somewhere.

save_the_rustbelt said...

Jill reminds me of a male Jewish friend of mine who explained in some detail why Jewish men like to marry gentile women.

Besides the obvious (no blow jobs) the whole Jewish princess thing is apparently hard to take.

A female Jewish friend told me the other side, Jewish men are spoiled mamas boys.

(How many Jewish men does it take to change a light bulb? Two, one to call the contractor and one to whine to his mother.)

Anyway, all of these women make me love Mrs. Rustbelt all the more, she being a paragon of common sense and virtue (she does have a temper but what do you expect from an Irish broad?).

Trooper York said...

The thing about all these broads is that all of their disputes are such petty bullshit.

My wife says that I have the same response when someone is going on and on about petty bullshit.

"Hey sweetheart. Go out and get a fuckin' job!"

Once they do, all the rest of it will just seem like the petty bullshit that it really is.