Saturday, May 22, 2010

You got to be kidding!


So this hipster dofus asshole comes in and hands the wife a flyer for the flea market they are running across the street tomorrow. He goes"Hi we are having a flea market and we would like you to put this in your window."
The wife was pissed. I walked over and took it from him and said "I know just where to put this." I took it and filed it in the circular file. He goes "Why did you throw that away?"
I said "Listen pal, I pay rent, taxes, utilities. payroll taxes and workers compensation. So I should advertise you assholes who are selling clothes across the street who don't pay any of those things. What are you a fuckin moron?"
Some people just need a fuckin beating.
I wish this was the sixties.

9 comments:

ricpic said...

This is probably the worst comment I could make but...I doubt what the flea market will be selling (in both quality and size) would offer Lee Lee's Valise any competition, so what's the harm in putting their sign in your window?

Trooper York said...

Well it is the sense of entitlement. Plus people who might come into my store are going to the flea market instead. How does that help me?

I mean if you had a grocery store would you post a flyer for the Good Humor man who has a truck across the street? You want the people to buy your ice cream.

Do you flea market but don't have the balls to think I have to help you with it. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

Had a similar situation. A theater across the street wanted to hang their flyers in my door windows. I asked the girl (politely) if I could hang advertisements for my business on the door of their theater. She stared blankly. I dismissed her.

Hats off to creative marketing, but respect my property rights.

Trooper York said...

When I first opened I was putting earings on a display and this girl came in and wanted to leave flyers for a jewerly sale.

People just don't have any concept

Trooper York said...

Oh that's a flea by the way, not the blogging cockroach.

Ron said...

Whew! I thought it was one of bedbugs that seem to be in every hotel below 14th st....Damn Hollywood Types!

Jason (the commenter) said...

But I bet a lot of people fall for stuff like that.

I'm Full of Soup said...

Yeah it's like when liberals support higher taxes but don't even pay their own taxes. You did the right thing Trooper. Screw them.

rcocean said...

Who wants flea market near by if you're trying to sell high quality clothes?

Seems obvious - but that's me, I've plenty of doof but no hip.