Thursday, May 20, 2010

When I asked for Poll Suggestions?


El Pollo Real said...
suggestions?

How about" Former Trooper York commenter you miss the most?

We had to go to a wake on Monday and it was an all day affair. It was out in Jersey and of course our car broke down. So we had to take a car service to Staten Island to catch a ride with other family members who were going to the wake.

The wife was a little apprehensive because we were going to see some people who we kind of missed some of their events. You know weddings and graduations and confirmations and what not. With the store, we are just too busy. We can't get to the wedding so we put the invitation aside with the idea we are going to send a gift and a card. But we forget and then when we see it months later we go "Oh shit it is too late to send it now. It would be like an insult. Lets think about it." And we put it aside and it lays there for another six months until we come across it again.

Now I told her not to be ridiculous. You have to learn one thing in life. It is not all about you.

It was about the guy in the box.

Nobody was worried about us or about a missed card. People have their own concerns. Life goes on. You are the star of your own movie but just a bit player t0 everyone else. To you, well you are the Duke but to everyone else you are Hank Worden.

It is the same with blogging. Everybody is really busy. Some people read all the time and only very occasionally drop in a comment like Ruth Anne, Simon and reader-i-am. Others like blake and Darcy are obviously busy and don't have much time and catch up when they can. Some like Hoosier and rcocean and Dust Bunny Queen and John from the SW come by once a week or so. I know everyone is very busy.

I really, really appreciate the people like El Pollo, Windbag, Michael H, Ron,dpb,Peter Bella, ricpic and Jason who comment all the time. But I understand that people are busy. I try and drop by everybody's blog to drop a comment or two. I know that everybody like the feedback.

Plus I have found that I have lurkers, who read and don't comment. Which is very cool.

I just know it is not all about me. So I don't miss former commenter's. I like to think they will still drop by now and again. They might have gone to lurk mode. That's cool.

It's not all about me.

6 comments:

Ron said...

I'm not busy....I need work!

I'm always amazed at your ability to generate as many posts as you do, Trooper. That's a big part of why this place is so cool.

DaddyO said...

Hello please.

The English it is confusing. But I am hoping to become the valued commenter. I have looked in the dictionary of American English and thinks I understand the lurk.

It is one of those many backwards meanings. One does not want the lurk mode to be "on" if one wants to be a valued commenter.

So it is with many fanfares that I am happily to announce about my lurk mode setting that I am pleased to being a lurk-off!

Yes! This is being a verry verry good and happiness day!

save_the_rustbelt said...

Hey, I've been reading the health care bill.

Massive friggin bureaucractic headache.

Always lurking though.

chickelit said...

Heck, and I wanted to turn this into a popularity contest that Darcy would win.

Darcy said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww.

I missed you too! Sweet.

blake said...

Yeah, I vote for Darcy, too!

Everywhere I look, there's me. I wish I'd go away just so I'd have the chance to miss myself.