Monday, November 8, 2010

Man this is crazy!


We are trying to hire someone for the store and it is very tough. We advertised on Craig's list and I am sorting out the resumes all day today. I got 50 resumes in the first ten minutes and more coming all the time. There are a lot of people out of work.


The problem is that most of them don't even read the ad. It says right in it not to put any attachments. I got 20 emails with attached resumes. Quite a few from people who are over qualified. Many from people without a graspe of the English language. Just imagine America's Politico applying for a job!


I am whittling them down but this is going to take days.

6 comments:

chickelit said...

Is it still OK to discriminate based on looks?

ricpic said...

You got aunts? You got uncles? You got nieces? You got nephews? You got cousins? What's wrong with keeping it in the family? I'll answer that. There's nothing wrong and everything right with keeping it in the family. Those are at least people you can read.

Trooper York said...

I have some relatives that I had to fire. Strangers only it is a hell of a lot easier let me tell you.

Trooper York said...

And the looks thing is funny. I need some plus size girls. So anyone who is too thin or fabulous is out.

I don't think any EOC trail board would ever give me a problem. Just sayn'

The Dude said...

"graspe" - good one.

Call hdhouse - he's nearby and illiterate.

chickelit said...

I just love that you're an ample opportunity employer!