Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Garage Mahal's Road Kill Korner


Garage Mahal was nice enough to invite me to a Packers game on the frozen tundra if I ever make it out to Wisconsin. I would like to thank him for that generous offer and I might take him up on that.


We have been emailing back and forth and he is a great guy. He is even interested in starting his own small business. You see he loves soup. So he wants to start his own soup company and sent me a couple of cans.


I had to advise him about the copyright infringement rules.


Small business is just not that easy.


But I wish him luck.

6 comments:

chickelit said...

If he tweeks it a bit I'm sure he can get away with it: link

You think Warhol ever paid for stinkin' license?

blake said...

Chickelet--

Wow, that sticker brings back some memories. That particular edition was before my time but they kept in biz for over a decade after that one.

Was it...chewing gum? Really awful cardboard-ish gum?

chickelit said...

Was it...chewing gum? Really awful cardboard-ish gum?

Yeah it was real flat and it would break instead of bend.

The flavor lasted for about 5 minutes.

Funny ha ha humor though. They were around in the 60s, then disappeared for several years and then came back for nostalgia's sake.

chickelit said...

"Wacky Packages" was sort of anti-Draperian Mad Magazine art.

Hoosier Daddy said...

I would like to thank him for that generous offer and I might take him up on that.

IT'S A TRAP!

Admiral Ackbar, Return of the Jedi - 1982

Hoosier Daddy said...

I'm just telling you right now, when he locks you up in Gulag #7, I'm not coming in with a resuce team.

You've been warned.