Friday, November 19, 2010

What would you do?

So I have one of those interesting ethical dilemnas that everybody loves to talk about.

I have this window washer guy that I have been using since the store opened. Now the guy is a first class douche who charges me $50 a month to wash my windows once a week. Now you say that is a lot but I just don't have the time, inclination or energy to do it and we keep the store in a pristine condition. Unlike the rest of the stores on Court St. which are dust magnets and pig sty's. I have a maid come in and clean 3 times a week and the staff cleans the other days. So I have paying since day one.

Now this douche has a Polish guy who does the route. But he is often sick and doesn't show up. I was going to fire the service but the owner guy comes by at around 10 at night to do the window because he sees I am still open. All he does is cry and whine and tell me about how hard it is to run a business. I know that dick. Just clean my fuckin window and do it before 10pm on a Friday night as an afterthought. So he promises me he will be sure it is always done by Saturday Night at the latest. And he has pretty much kept to that even though he is a real pain in the ass and only gets to do it because we stay so late fixing up the store. It is not like he gets here at a reasonable time, he just catches us late on a Friday on his way home.

So today the Polack guy cleans the window and goes "Hey I want to talk to you for a minute. I am quitting this guy and I will do your windows for $30 a month." I told him I had to check with the boss and I would let him know later.

So should I stay with the guy I don't like for $50 a month or drop him and go with an even more unreliable guy at $30 a month. Or should I do it myself and save all the money. Or get someone else entirely.

You make the call.

10 comments:

The Dude said...

See your previous post "Take a Pole".

Titus said...

Does he have a hot Polish daughter that can wash the windows with her tits for free?

If so, take him up on that offer.

That would be hot.

Michael Haz said...

Nope. Time to fine a new window cleaning service. Emphasis on the word service.

You aren't in business to accommodate their schedule; they are in business to accommodate yours.

Paying a guy less will do nothing but ensure his continuing to be erratic.

I'd find a guy who looks to be hungry and reliable make him an offer: $50 per (week or month) if you are on time every time unless weather conditions make washing windows not possible. The rate drops to $30 if you are more than 60 minutes late just one time per period.

Give some incentive to get things done the way you want them done.

Peter V. Bella said...

Fuggettabotit!

Trooper York said...

Well I made a deal with the original guy and he kept up with it so far. So for me a deal is a deal.

But I know that when the Polack quits he is not going to keep up his end of the deal so I can drop him with a clear conscience. So the first week he misses he's out and I will use the Chinese guy who brought around a flyer.

He cleans awingings too!

Trooper York said...

I won't backdoor the douche bag guy.

I stab you in the front.

blake said...

You got it worked out.

Why would stab the current guy in the back to bring on someone who kinda sucks?

Work overpaid me last week and I told them. And I was thinking what my dad I always said, "I may have a price, but it's not that low."

Trooper York said...

Well the stab in the back is to hire the worker who is stealing jobs from his boss. You never hire someone like that. He is trying to fuck his boss so you know he is willing to fuck you too.

Not good business.

It's just better to get somebody new all together or I can do it myself.

blake said...

'zackly.

Clean hands.

rcocean said...

Can't you get a "undocumented" Mexican to do it for $10 - that's what we do here.