Saturday, February 12, 2011

Tales of Amys Garden


Bigwig: Hyzenthlay.
Hyzenthlay: Sir?
Bigwig: I'd like to talk with you.
Hyzenthlay: I don’t know you do I sir..
Bigwig: I used to live in the warren here in the lady’s garden. I noticed that some new rabbits moved in to our old warren. Where did you come from?
Hyzenthlay: From different places sir. We saw this empty warren and decided to live here. There are several of us..
Bigwig: I noticed. One of them seems to be sick or something. He talks in slang and insults all the other rabbit’s and their religion and everything. He doesn’t make a lot of sense. Sort of like Fiver when he is in a trance.
Hyzenthlay: Yes and one of our rabbits even traveled all the way from India. He is an Indian Rabbit and loves lecture to everyone!
Bigwig: Oh he must be the one with the dot in the middle of his forehead. He does seem to be very different from everyone and they all seem to yell at him a lot.
Hyzenthlay: Well sir many different types of rabbits have come to stay here.
Bigwig: That’s fine Hyzenthlay. Most of the rabbits that lived in the old warren have moved on. Along with the noisy gay blue jay. Even the self absorbed crow and that nasty old badger don’t go to the old warren all that much anymore. I am glad that new rabbits have moved in. Is the lady still as strange as she was when we lived there?
Hyzenthlay: Yes. She scares me. She is always walking around with these sticks on her feet. And she carries these poles with a pointy nail at the end. It could hurt a rabbit if she stuck you with it. And I think she likes to stick people. She laughs when they go ouch.
Bigwig: She can be cruel that way. You should be careful.
Hyzenthlay: What about the man who stays in her house. I think he is a farmer. Or at least someone with an unhealthy interest in potatoes.
Bigwig: He is ok. Just don’t interrupt it when they are not wearing any clothes on the porch and he stands behind her trying to push her off. At least I think that is what he is doing. He is always asking if she got off. He doesn’t like it when you interrupt him.
Hyzenthlay: I don’t know. He scares me too sometimes. Lately he has been wearing this big yellow hat on his head. I know it sounds strange but it looks like a piece of cheese. And last Sunday he ran out on the porch and shouted at his neighbors. In fact everyone was on the porch shouting. Something important must have happened...
Bigwig I am sure it wasn’t important. Otherwise I would have heard about it. Well I have to go now. Carry on Hyzenthlay.
Hyzenthlay: Will you be coming back again soon sir...
Bigwig I will be back from time to time on patrol. I like to know what is going on. Hazel doesn’t like surprises.
.

3 comments:

Meade said...

...things that will only amuse you and over-sexed Wisconsin dairy farmer Green Bay Packers fans.

The Green Bay Packers - maybe you've heard - World Champion Super Bowl XLV Champions And Friends Of Good Rabbits Everywhere!

The Dude said...

Good one Troop - obvious enough that even I understood most of it.

MamaM said...

MamaM is rather fond of the nasty old badger, but then she is also a fan of Brian Jacques, another spinner of animal stories who introduced her to badger nobility, ferocity and bravery.

While writing this comment and checking the Redwall website, MamaM unexpectedly discovered Jacques died last week at the age of 71 with one more book set to be released in May. He brought the M family many hours of reading pleasure.