Wednesday, May 14, 2014

At least I get to eat something good when I go to the Doctors

I was able to stop by my Iranian friend's joint after the Doctor's on Friday morning. We got to have brunch.

Lisa had a great veggie sandwich with arugula, brie, goat cheese, and apples. I had an spinach omelet in a crepe.

I had the best cup of coffee I had in a while and Lisa had a cappuccino with almond milk.

We really enjoyed it.

A funny thing happened. We always talk about what it means to be a small businessman. Now this woman comes in with a plate and asks for a cup of coffee. She tells him she doesn't have any money and he goes that's all right. It turns out she owns the shop on the corner and he is friends with her husband. He had brought over an omelet earlier in the day and she was bringing back the dish. But she had a sense of entitlement that she thought she could get it for free. He was pissed. But he didn't say anything until after she left. He complained and complained but I told him he had to tell her then and there. Don't hold it in.

Small businessmen are all brothers. Even if he is a crazy Iranian.

2 comments:

ndspinelli said...

I only know a few Iranians but I like them. The ones I know would have said something.

blake said...

I hope she makes good on it. Or there's some sort of quid pro quo.

Gotta keep those good vibrations happening, I understand.