Thursday, May 1, 2014

rcocean said...Not as good as working as a bra fitter though



So I am standing behind the counter and this dude walks. Short and an Orthodox Jew. He asks me if I sell bras. Which of course we do. I say "Sure but you need to know your wife's size." He goes "Do you do bra fittings?" I say "of course my wife does" (Lisa was standing on the other side of the store fixing up some displays). He goes "Ok I want a fitting. For me."

Now I was about to tell he to take a walk but Lisa came over and said she would do it. She is a lot more tolerant than me. Of course she also wanted to make a sale of an expensive bra. So she fits him in the dressing room. She told him up front "Don't waste my time. If you want to buy a bra that's fine but don't just come in to fool around." You see this isn't the first time this has happened to us. We had it happen three other times. Men come in buy bras. Try them on. And then walk out and not buy them.

So the dude goes "No, no I really want to buy it." He finds one he likes. But he wants the matching panties. Of course we don't have those. So he goes "I have to think about it, I will come back tomorrow."  And walks out of the store.

The wife was livid. Of course she wasted her time. I have always wanted to make a strict rule. We sell women's clothing to women. Not dudes. They mistake my wife's kindness for weakness.

This will be a bigger issue once we open the lingerie store. But what am I going to do when NYC comes in and tells me I can't discriminate against perverts? Tells me that I can't tell some dude not to put his ball sack in a pair of panties and then not buy them because he "changed his mind?"

What the fuck is this world coming too?

15 comments:

ndspinelli said...

This may have been a civil rights tester.

Trooper York said...

Nah. He was a pervert from the get go.

Trooper York said...

I think I have to make the policy and let the chips fall where they may.

Shouting Thomas said...

What the fuck is this world coming too?

We're going to hell in a bucket!

chickelit said...

Have you ever sold a bra to a man "for himself"? You mentioned that a couple of no-sales to weigh against a real sale.

rcocean said...

Couldn't you have sold him a manzier?

Some men get a kick out of dressing like women. Hemingway's son was like that. But then those kind would just buy the bras/panties and wear them.

So even a bra-fitter has problems. One more dream destroyed.

rcocean said...

Do you realize most Lesbians look like Rosie? I was sold on the fantasy of beautiful lesbians - Lesbians who were willing to be bi-sexual with the right guy of course.

That dream is over too.

windbag said...

Lesbians...fantasy vs. reality. (NSFW)

Chip S. said...

"NSFW" isn't nearly warning enough for the bottom pic, windbag.

I'm not feelin' too well all of a sudden.

windbag said...

NSFH (humanity?)

windbag said...

Since this seems to be the sexually deviancy thread du jour, I read an article on the MERS virus, and it contained this nugget of information:

The MERS virus has been found in camels, but officials don't know how it is spreading to humans. It can spread from person to person, but officials believe that happens only after close contact. Not all those exposed to the virus become ill.

IIRC, Aids began in monkeys and spread to humans. I wonder what Meade's going to turn up with eventually?

Chip S. said...

Rabies?

windbag said...

Or Parvo.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Hey, I have no problem with perversions, but at least spend a few bucks and buy the bra you freak!

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

He has a point…