Thursday, May 1, 2014

I think I might have to stop watching TV altogether.



Except for the Housewives shows.

You know me. I love episodic television. I follow a whole bunch of them. Person of Interest. Justified. Sons of Anarchy. The Good Wife. Once Upon a Time. Resurrection. Believe. Mike and Molly. Big Bang. Brooklyn 99. Mad Men. Game of Thrones. Homeland. And Chicago Fire and Chicago PD.

Now the last two were created by the same douchebag that does all of the Law and Order shows. I don't watch any of them anymore because they are so out of the box liberal and politically correct bullshit. Every criminal is a white guy. Or a clergyman. Or businessman. Or a father who rapes his daughter. Never the actual people who commit about 95% of the crimes that actually happen in NYC.

But the Chicago Fire show was pretty good. I mean I enjoyed all of the crazy rescues they had on the show. The soap opera stuff that they added in was stupid but you could over look it. But this weeks double episode kind of jumped the shark.

They had a bombing episode where an "anti-government" protestor set off a bomb in a Chicago hospital. When they saw the damage they immediately said "It's just like Oklahoma City." Now that happened ten years ago. Why would you reference that? Wouldn't it be more likely to be "Just like the Boston Marathon?" The perp was a kid who had his family burned out like Waco and his Mom was shot like in Ruby Ridge. His old man was in prison. They question him but are really only there to have him make racist remarks that makes them justified in beating him while he was handcuffed. Because you know that is what you are supposed to do.

They really load the dice. Two young eight year olds are hurt. One dies and gives her liver to the other for a transplant. Anything to tug at the heartstrings and show how crazy the Tea Party anti-government types are and how dangerous they are.

I wanted to shoot the TV like Elvis did but I paid too much for it.

I guess I will have to watch something else on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Mindless liberal pap is not what I want to see on my limited time off.

1 comment:

rcocean said...

I understand your pain. BTW, Thanks for the tip on MeTV, I've been watching some Hawaii Five-O and Gunsmoke. The Five-O episodes have been particularly good. Jack Lord's hair is amazing - they must used a bottle of hairspray to keep that in place.