Saturday, May 3, 2014

Nothing is better than a tight box...err....a clean box....err....whatever

So we finished the box down the basement. This is a bad photo. here is a better one.

We set up some heavy duty metal poles for coats and dresses and put a bunch of shelves to hold the container store soft canvas storage boxes. It is air tight and cedar lined. Or at lease we used cedar oil on another type of wood. Sixty would know better than me but he has been absent from here lately. I must have done something to piss him off.

I got a bunch of cedar to put throughout the box but cedar itself was way too expensive. This is wood that was treated with cedar oil and I am getting a bunch of cedar blocks to put throughout the box. I think that will be fine.

The lighting was a little tough inside but you get the idea. I transferred a bunch of clothing down to the cellar and cleared out the back room in anticipation of the creation of the lingerie store. I got Omar and Hassan my cabdriver friends to move the stuff down the cellar. They called a couple of their friends to help. Nobody could get a car service for a couple of hours. But we got the job done.

It was very tiring but worthwhile. Now the big renovation can commence.

10 comments:

chickelit said...

The "box" looks 8 miles wide!

ndspinelli said...

I bet it smells great in there. That's where I would eat lunch and take naps.

chickelit said...

ndspinelli said...
I bet it smells great in there.

This is a poorman's alternative and probably just as effective.

ndspinelli said...

chick, I wonder if it's good for huffin'?

rcocean said...

Yep, I love the smell of cedar in the morning.

Shouting Thomas said...

I vote for a clean tight box!

Looks like hot box, too.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

The only reason cedar keeps moths away is it messes up their sense of odor to find fabrics they like. You do not have to line the whole closet with cedar (but obviously it is nice if you can afford it). Eventually a cedar closet or cabinet loses it odor and you have to sand it a bit to get more oil out.

But it beats the crap out of moth balls which smell horrible.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

They roast salmon on cedar planks. It is okay but frankly fruit wood is better for fish.

windbag said...

I bet it smells great in there. That's where I would eat lunch and take naps.

Entered under the category: Things never uttered in the presence of Courtney Love.

ndspinelli said...

Salmon on cedar is good, but you have to tend it. You soak the cedar plank for an hour first but they do sometimes ignite. Beer of course is the proper fluid for all types of grill flare ups.