Sunday, October 26, 2014

Call the Midwife....a pretty good show



In our continuing quest to find shows that are not CSI gore fests we started watching "Call the Midwife" on Netflicks. Several people have recommended it and so far it is been pretty good. Cool production values, good acting and excellent stories make it very worthwhile.

There is only one drawback. They seem to feature tunes from the 1950's and 1960's and I was singing along to all of them because I knew the words. The wife looked at me askance. I think she is realizing that I am fucking old. Just sayn'

9 comments:

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Not as old as Hillary I hope.

ndspinelli said...

Thanks for the tip. We watch virtually no regular TV. Although I see Trooper's love, Honey Boo Boo got cancelled for incest. I would think incest would double the viewership.

ndspinelli said...

Watched 2 episodes of Alpha House and like it so far. It's Amazon TV.

chickelit said...

We watched a couple episodes of that but stopped. It's pretty female oriented as one might expect. I think they introduce the first male character 3 episodes in -- a priest IIRC.

We just finished up "Foyle's War." Thanks to DBQ for recommending that.

chickelit said...

"Alpha House" sounds like it's about some betaman pussy politicians.

We need more shows like "Justified" and 'Foyles War."

Ruth Anne Adams said...

I love, love, love Call the Midwife. In Britain, it's on against Downton Abbey and often beats it. But then again, that's BBC1 up against ITV.

If you hang in there, they'll have a great story with Chummy. I loved Chummy so much that Victoria told me to catch her COMEDY show called "Miranda". That's 3 seasons [6 episodes each] of pure joy.

You're welcome.

chickelit said...

Ruth Anne, have you heard from Victoria lately? Is she OK?

Ruth Anne Adams said...

The last I heard from her was over a year ago now. She was fine then. It's just her and her mom now. Her Daddy passed away.

chickelit said...

If you do hear from her, please give her my regards. She never answered my last DM.