Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Call the Mexican



So yesterday was supposed to be our day off. The one day off we get because we went to a six day a week schedule. We were going to laze around. Have a nice breakfast. Then a wonderful lunch. Watch some TV. Continue binge watching "Call the Midwife" on Netflicks. But it didn't work out that way.

We ended up having to "Call the Mexican."

I have been taking a blood thinner and I have to be careful about getting cuts and  scrapes. Every little one could be serious. I had one on my hand that bled pretty good for a while. I recently developed a scab on lower left leg that I had on idea how I got or where I got it from. It was just your normal run of the mill scab. So I went to take a nice hot shower. Not a good thing because it brings all your veins to the surface. I sat on the couch and I must have hit it on the Ottoman. It broke the scab. Blood starting shooting out across the room like I was a garden hose. You had to see it to believe it. On the floor. The fancy upstairs  rugs. The Ottoman and the couch. I was in a lot of trouble.

Mainly because I made a big mess.

You see this had happened to me before a couple of years ago. One of my varicose veins burst and I had to call the EMT's. So this had happened before. But with the blood thinners it potentially could have been much worse. I put direct pressure on it and Lisa called 911. She was freaking out as usual but that is to be expected. The guys came in and were very competent. They checked the wound and it had stopped bleeding. They tied me up and I was good to go. Except for the cleanup.

It was time to "Call the Mexican."


10 comments:

ndspinelli said...

Hielo next time, hielo stops blood flow. I was drunk one night and got pissed w/ an inflamed skin tag. So I ripped the fucker off my inner thigh. Anyway, the fucker had a strong blood supply and I had to go to the ER. The doc put cocaine on it, a superb vasoconstrictor. So, next time, just call Tony Montana. They pack your nose w/ coke after rhinoplasty. Stay well.

Shouting Thomas said...

Sorry about the health problems you're experiencing, Troop.

My prayers are on the way.

Trooper York said...

Thanks guys.

Chip S. said...

"Call the Mexicans"? You sound like the DNC.

rcocean said...

You need a thicker skin.

rcocean said...

What no blue blood? I thought you were Irish Royalty.

Chuck said...

I am still on my blood thinners for another 2 months. I totally agree its a pain in the ass when I get a tiny scratch and I'm leaking all over the place.

Hang in there, Troop!!!

blake said...

My dad had a shunt for dialysis.

That mofo could paint a room in seconds.

Michael Haz said...

Whoa! Glad that you're feeling better, Trooper. It must be unnerving to start leaking like that.

Trooper York said...

Chuck we have to get together soon. We haven't gone to the Mexican joint in like forever!