Saturday, October 18, 2014

"Doncha Know Who I Am.......Wait....It's Because I am Black!!!!!!"

The ex-con boyfriend of top City Hall aide Rachel Noerdlinger made a point of mentioning her name, her title and that she worked for the mayor's wife as he challenged several parking tickets in two hearings before city judges.

In one hearing, Hassaun McFarlan also argued “the police lied” and singled him out “because I’m black and I drive a nice car” in issuing the summonses against Noerdlinger’s Mercedes Benz as he used it earlier this year. McFarlan dropped Noerdlinger's name in a Sept. 24 proceeding before Administrative Judge Marisa Miranda.

“So Rachel gave you permission to come in?” Miranda asked, according to a recording obtained Friday by the Daily News. “That’s right,” McFarlan said. “She, um, she’s the chief of staff for the First Lady of New York City, so she ...” The judge cut him off. “I don’t care about that,” she said.

McFarlan also brought up Noerdlinger and named Mayor de Blasio’s wife, Chirlane McCray, at a July 9 hearing. Who’s Rachel Noerdlinger?” Judge Blueth Bromfield asked. “She’s the owner of the vehicle,” McFarlan said. “You’re the operator?” “I’m always the operator,” he said. “She’s the chief of staff of the First Lady Chirlane McCray. So I’m basically the driver.” Bromfield was unfazed. “OK. What’s your address?” she said. McFarlan, 36, sought the hearings to contest five parking tickets he received using 43-year-old Noerdlinger’s white e350 Mercedes Benz.


The July hearing got testy quickly, when the judge grilled McFarlan on what evidence he had in challenging a $115 ticket for parking at a fire hydrant.
“Is it evidence into consideration that the police be lying?” he said. At another point, McFarlan said, “The police lied. I didn’t do what they accused me to do.”
He also suggested that he was singled out because of his race.
“I’m black and I drive a nice car. I’m not driving an old piece; I drive all exotic cars. And I’m young. Every time I get out I’m having this problem. I got 20 tickets against me,” he complained.
“You being a black woman, I don’t know. Maybe you might have some understanding,” he told the judge.
Despite his protests of being railroaded, none of the tickets were issued by cops; they were written by traffic agents.
The judge was skeptical of his racial profiling claim.

“Generally, parking violations, you’re not in the vehicle,” she said. “They don’t know what color you are.”  McFarlan would not give up. “People are getting shot every day in the city and they are giving me a ticket? C’mon, that’s crazy. It makes no sense,” he said.
McFarlan — who has served time for manslaughter and drug trafficking, and has been busted for pot — then compared his plight to police brutality victims whose complaints are not believed. “Police assault (people) and people didn’t believe (the victims) until they saw people on tape getting assaulted by the police. It happens,” he insisted.
The judge was unmoved. She upheld all four parking summonses.

4 comments:

ndspinelli said...

I hope this Commie mayor is a one termer. The problem is, w/ your electorate, it's just a question of how left wing a mayor you'll get. How the fuck did Rudy get elected?

Trooper York said...

Rudy got elected because things were so bad after Dinkins even the liberal held their nose and voted for him. Because the streets were running red with blood and property values tanked.

Follow the money.

Chip S. said...

Meter maid brutality!

That's some funny shit.

blake said...

He's barking up the wrong tree.

The only color that matters in parking ticket issuance is green. No judge is gonna undo that.