Thursday, October 9, 2014

If you have very expensive Lemons......



Don't buy them. Don't make very expensive lemonade.

I drink Lemon water now. No wine. No beer. No cocktails. Just lemons squeezed into Smart water with a lot of ice and some Stevia for sweetness. It is actually not bad. Sort of like lemonade but without all the sugar. It is a great diuretic and makes me piss like a race horse.

So I buy a lot of fucking lemons. When I saw that sign in Gourmet Fresh I went nuts. I went on a rant about how the hell can they charge so much for a freaking lemon. Now normally the big lemons are 99cents each. So I misread the sign and thought it was $3.99 a lemon. Still that is pretty fucking expensive for a fucking lemon. Shit.

4 comments:

rcocean said...

Blame the weather. There have been big frosts in the last 10 years that killed off a lot of lemon trees here and in Europe.

You must be tempted to put a little Gin or Vodka in the Lemonade.

chickelit said...

I grow lemons, limes, and oranges. The lemons were great last year -- not so good this year. I don't pretend to understand.

Looks like a great crop of limes coming in though on my G&T tree.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

You can get Meyer and other lemons far more inexpensively out of NYC and Brooklyn. Blame the hipsters, they have ruined it for you.

Then again, there must be some greengrocers left somewhere in Brooklyn to serve the non-hipsters left? Beyond the Bodegas that just have lottery tickets, prepackaged munchies, cigarettes and beer.

blake said...

Gettin' old, dude.

Just saw an episode of Columbo where he had gotten a bowl of chili (gasp!) from this very fancy restaurant (he was interviewing a very cute Mariette Hartley about the murder of Mickey Spillane!) and he was shocked because they had charged him SIX DOLLARS for a bowl of chili.

Well, $6.75 once they factored in the iced tea.