Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Blood on the Tracks.


So I went to the vascular surgeon on Monday which is the only day he is around until New Year's. He gave me a full battery of tests. You know ultra sound and all the rest. Thank God that I don't any clots or phlebitis but the veins have kinda deteriorated. So I am going to schedule the surgery as soon as the insurance company approves it. If they do.


It seems that an operation to correct varicose veins can be deemed "Cosmetic Surgery" and Oxford (my insurance company) often refuses to pay for it. So we have to submit the paperwork and hope for the best.


Of course the gory crime scene photos I have like this one might help a little.


I want to thank my wife for being such a trooper. She hates it when I get sick. She can't handle it. I remember the first time I got sick with the flu and she didn't know what to do. She said to me "Get better. You can't be sick. I don't know what to do. I am not an Amelia Earhart!"

That's just not true. She was an Amelia Earhart. And a Florence Nightengale. But most of all she had to be Cinderalla to clean up all the blood on the floor.

"Baby, you're the greatest"

17 comments:

ricpic said...

Your blood perked up that boring linoleum floor quite nicely.

Trooper York said...

Thanks. Not to mention what it did for our pristine white kitchen cabinets.

A splash of color as it were.

Michael Haz said...

Whoa! Sorry to hear that you're suffering, Trooper.

Surgery that prevents death should not fall into the "cosmetic" category. If they give you some grief, punch back hard.

Prayers are headed your way.

Trooper York said...

Sorry about that. Not only did you see a bloody slipper, but I slipped and you saw the bloody sock.

Anyhoo, thanks for your prayers, but don't worry I am fine. It was a lot scarier looking than it really was. The blood make everybody freak out. It was no where as bad as your surgery.

And you really need to light a few candles for old man Farve. He seems to be self destructing again.

Darcy said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you're hurting, Trooper. I'm so glad you have Lisa. She sounds wonderful.

Hope the stupid insurance company pays.

blake said...

Eh, he'll be fine. He's just bleeding for the attention...

Trooper York said...

Hey I am just glad I have to something to say the next time some woman complains about her period.

"You want to talk about bleeding...well let me tell you about bleeding!"

Jason (the commenter) said...

It looks like a crime scene. If this happened before Halloween you could have put down a chalk outline, and strung up some yellow tape.

blake said...

Wait, is that real? I mean, really you?

Jason (the commenter) said...

Decorating with human blood, the new trend in 2010, seen here first!

Jason (the commenter) said...

Blood, because travertine has become passé.

Trooper York said...

Yeah that is how much I bled out in about two minutes.

Ron said...

Trooper! Ex-nay on the ood-bla!

Trooper York said...

Hey Ron, I posted a photo that shows we really are cousins.

Merry Christmas cuz.

Ron said...

Merry Christmas, back at ya! You're a mighty cool dude...even bleedin' on the floor.

Michael Haz said...

You can't continue this deception much longer. The truth has to come out sooner or later.

My cousin Larry is a Brooklyn EMT. He quit his landscaping job to become an EMT, but that's a story for another day.

Anyhow, Larry and his wife are in town fir Christmas and we were out for a couple of pints, sitting at the bar and trading stories. He gets around to telling me about some guy lives in Brooklyn who got bit in the neck last week and damn near bled out.

The guy answered the door and some middle -age blonde woman tries to give him a smooch, but goes for his neck instead. She takes a big bite, gets into a German car and leaves. The guy described her as "evil", says my cousin Larry the EMT.

You're wearing a shirt with a collar in the post snout going to Florida, aincha? Can't fool me with that ketchup soaked hanky on your ankle.

Penny said...

When I was twenty, if someone played the word association game with me and said "Blood on the Tracks", I would have responded with "Blood, Sweat and Tears", or maybe even "Tracks of my Tears".

Course that was back in the day when I actually believed that "The Child Is Father to the Man".

Thank you very much. Yes I WAS prescient. ;)