Saturday, December 5, 2009

Matsui is screwy!


The hot rumor in New York is that Hidecki Matsui is talking to the Mets about signing with them to play left field. Typical Mets. Matsui is a DH only and you would be an idiot to hire him to play the field. He is going to demand at least a 3year contract for big money coming off a World Series MVP year. The Mets need his bat but only if he DH's or at the very best plays first base. Now he has never played first base so I bet the Mets will try and put him there.

Hidecki say it ain't so.

5 comments:

ricpic said...

Jayzus Keerist! The Mets exist to take the Yanks geriatric problems off their hands?!

Trooper York said...

I give you Gary Shefield baby.

Trooper York said...

If I know the Mets they will hire Jim Leyritz to drive the car in from the bull pen.

ricpic said...

The problem is Wilpon...or Minaya...or Manuel...or

Penny said...

Oh, I don't know?

I bet he could get on with playing first base, but frankly, he seems a better shortstop.

I know pitchers get the lion's share of attention, but never underestimate a nimble shortstop...or an experienced rodeo clown, for that matter.