Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's a dogs life!


So a couple of years ago the kids adopted this abused dog from the animal shelter. It is some kind of Chinese something or other but it is what I call a frou-frou dog. You know not a real dog.

Sort of like a walking feather duster.


Anyway this puppy was totally scared of any man that would come into the house. She used to howl and bark and carry on and they had to shush her up and stop her caterwauling. Now I couldn't deal with that so I used my usual technique for making friends. I fed her.


I would give her a little piece of steak or some sausages or a bit of macaroni. I made a big pot of meatballs and gave her one every now and then. As a result the freaking dog was glued to me. I mean I couldn't sit down without it jumping in my lap. It sat on feet at the table. Not at my feet. On my feet. You see I am also a sloppy eater and the stray crumb might fall down and luckily I had a little canine vacuum cleaner to take care of it.

What was fun was when I took her out to the yard for a dump or a piss. You see there was a little patch in the back yard that she used. So I would walk out into the 70 degree weather in my shorts and t-shirt and we would both dance around and run in a circle because we were so happy to be in the warm weather. Then we would take a leak and come back inside and sit on the easy chair and have some wine and a snack.

That's the life.

3 comments:

chickelit said...

It's good to know you have a best friend Troop.

Capt. Schmoe said...

Sounds like she's got you trained pretty well troop.

Penny said...

Hey guys. Don't mind me. I'm just sniffing around, and as it turns out, in a circular pattern.

Go figure!