Saturday, April 16, 2011

Yeah I heard about it, it's what all the old ladies are talking about!

ricpic said... OT - Hey Troop, do you know a guy named Mark Iacono? He owns Lucali pizzeria in Carroll Gardens and was stabbed yesterday, according to a story in the Post. He was stabbed in front of Joe's Perette Deli on Smith Street by Benny Geritano who is apparently mob connected. Anyway thought you might know him because of the location. According to the story he's in stable condition.
I know both those guys. Mark who owns Lucali the pizza store is often in the bakery across the street "visiting" with one of the girls and Benny's uncle was in the Boy Scouts with me and another cousin was a big shot in the Knights of Columbus with my dad. When I was dropping off the taxes at one of my little old lady's houses she was telling me it was all the talk at the Stations of the Cross the night before.

I hear it was personal not business related and I don't want to get into details. It's funny but the store they fought in is Joe's Superette which I have written about several times which makes the best rice balls and prosciutto balls in NYC. I take my granddaughter there all the time when she is in town. Too bad she wasn't around....she could have got to see a show. The Jerk De'Soliel. What a couple of mooks.

6 comments:

The Dude said...

Well, that's not good. Hope he recovers.

Trooper York said...

I hear he is kinda messed up. But he should make it.

Both of them actually. It is a big mess and I think the worst part is people are gonna start takin sides.

ricpic said...

Superette makes sense. I swear the Post story said Perette. Perette? What's a (Joe's) Perette Deli? But I figured if it's in the Post...so that's what I copied. Screw ups have become the rule not the exception. Or the pattern not the glitch. Or something.

Penny said...

"Or something."

Lovely place to begin... as long as you give me a bite of your ham or smoked turkey hoagie, ricpic.

Now...if you INSIST that our dinner is salmon, lox or pink pussy, I will need to sup elsewhere.

As I said earlier, I am hungry, so your immediate reply would be most appreciated.

Penny said...

BEING HUNGRY SUCKS!

Penny said...

Oops...sorry for yelling. :( ;) :P