Saturday, May 16, 2015

Trunk show with Miss Ellie



Today was a really busy day!

We had a trunk show with one of our jewelry designers Miss Ellie. She makes all of her jewelry in New York and we have been carrying it for a couple of years. Now what is great about a trunk show is that she brings all of her wares and I don't have to buy them all. We just buy what ever she sells and split the sales price. Sort of like a short sale of a stock.

Unfortunately it was slow today but I am sure it will pick up tomorrow. Which is why we are doing it over two days.

She has a lot of great stuff.

She does a lot of different stuff. Earrings. Necklaces. Bracelets. Broaches. Lots of good stuff.


The best sellers seem to be the bracelets of which we sold several.



Hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

7 comments:

Aridog said...

That is some lovely jewelry. Is it gold plated, gold finished, or solid gold, 14 K or better?

windbag said...

That's a sweet arrangement, not having to sink cash into inventory. Hope it picks up today.

virgil xenophon said...

Trooper/

How are you being hurt by outfits like HSN, QVC, etc?

Trooper York said...

Funny you mention that.

We are negotiating with ShopNBC about bringing our line to a mass audience.

I have a lot of irons in the fire that I don't always talk about because I don't want to jinx it.

rcocean said...

Dude, you work too hard. When are you going to take a vacation? I get tired just reading about all your plans and business ventures.

I'm glad I just work 9-5 M-F.

Trooper York said...

That is what it takes tone an entrepreneur rc.

No rest for the wicked.

windbag said...

That is what it takes tone an entrepreneur

Knowing what you can leave until tomorrow is one of the most important skills you can have as a business owner. Otherwise, you'll spend 24/7 at work. Once I clear out everything I have to do today, I can go home, unless I want to get a head start on tomorrow.