Friday, October 19, 2012

Daniel Boone was a man....A Big Man...but the bear was bigger...




So we went on this long nature walk for about a mile to get to the beach. It is one of the reasons why the beach is always pretty deserted. Mostly people who are walking their dogs or who need the excercise go there.

Now we are city mice so the great outdoors are a little foreign to us. Or at least to the wife. She hates it. But she was a good sport and walked along but was a little leery of it. I mean she makes Caroline Manzo look like Daniel Boone.

The dogs kept frolicking around us as they found cool things to smell or chase around till they were whistled back to the trail. The walk was pretty long. It was kind of cold at first but the longer we walked the quicker we warmed up. It was a lot of fun.

I like the outdoors as I am kind of familiar with it. I mean it has been years but I used to go camping all the time. I was able to point out the poison ivy which made the wife run screaming up the trail. For Lisa camping is staying in a hotel without room service. But she was a good sport and had some fun.

I would love to do it in the summer with the reward of jumping in the water at the end of the trail.

3 comments:

ricpic said...

These two pictures brought back a primal memory. When I was no older than three my folks rented a summer cottage near Patchogue, Long Island. What brought back the memory was the white sandy road. We would walk down a sandy road, so white! that led to the beach, every day. It seemed like a very long walk to me, though I'm sure it wasn't. But it was like a great event every day. The white white road. The trees way overhead. Walking in and out of their shade. A whole herd of women and girls (the "men" were all working in the city) trailing me in a constant murmer of talk. If there's such a thing as absolute happiness...

windbag said...

I get the feeling y'all ain't ever gonna come down here. Article in today's paper (local paper is printed on Wed. and Fri. Exclusively local news.) on a guy who collapsed and died while hiking. His son did CPR for 30 minutes before giving up and running out for help.

We really are civilized; we're just low-key about it.

rcocean said...

Mrs. RC will tolerate a little bit of the outdoors, as long as the day ends in a nice lodge and not a tent.

OTOH, Little Miss RC would rather have a fork stuck in her eye.

Girls are weird.