Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Joey Gallo's Lament




I finally reached the club on President St. Joe Jelly and Sammy the Syrian were sitting outside on folding chairs smoking guinea stinkers and sipping espresso laced with anisette.
“What the fuck do you want kid?” Jelly growled. “You can’t come in here. You ain’t even a fucking wop.”
You might wonder how a two bit gangster would know who a little pischer like me was but that is how the neighborhood was in those days. Everybody knew everybody. He knew my Uncle V from the docks and he knew my Dad from the neighborhood. So it was no big deal. My Mom’s family was from Sackett St and my Grand Aunt owned  the vegetable store where Joe Jelly first learned to steal apples.
“I gotz to see Albert” I sputtered. “Joey gave me this bag and said I could only give to Albert.”
“Give to me you little prick. I’ll make sure he gets it.”

“I can’t do that. I don’t want to get Joey pissed off. Do you want to get Joey pissed off?”
Sammy piped up. “He’s got a point Jelly.”

“Fuck. Wait here.” Jelly hiked his pants up over his gut and walked into the club.
“You got balls kid. Jelly ain’t killed anything lately and it don’t matter that you a kid. It won’t be the first time.” He laughed to himself. And started scratching his ball. He only had one. Or at least that was the rumor.

I almost peed myself. He had to be kidding. But who knows with an half an A-Rab. They were inscrutable. Or maybe that was the Chinamen. Anyway I was scared. I just didn’t know just how scared I had to be.

Alls I wanted was a fucking panele sandwich.
 

19 comments:

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Don't forget us on Oscar night.

MamaM said...

This.

"You got balls kid. Jelly ain’t killed anything lately and it don’t matter that you a kid. It won’t be the first time.” He laughed to himself. And started scratching his ball. He only had one. Or at least that was the rumor.

This is the good stuff.

windbag said...

You're on a roll with this one.

Michael Haz said...

I'm getting drawn into this story!

Good writing, keep it coming.

ndspinelli said...

I love the one ball part.

Dust Bunny Queen said...

I really do like this story line!!! Go for it.

To change the subject. You probably saw about the Duck Dynasty guy being removed because he had the gall to have an opinion about homosexuals. How dare he!!!! Not worship the homo. So....the powers that be threaten the show.

I think that Trooper could do an article or two as an expose about the corruption in these so called reality shows. Show the dark underbelly. Expose the fakery and sheer evil of the producers and their staff.

Use your own experiences and gut them. It could be a series of good articles.

ricpic said...

He writes best who writes what he knows.

Escritore optimus qui escritore qua saberine.*







*That's right, a made-up language for a made up saying. But it's the troof! Anyone here have enough latin to put it into latin? Or Italian? Or German (chick)?

The Dude said...

Il écrit plus qui écrit ce qu'il sait.

Él escribe mejor que escribe lo que sabe.

Scrive meglio che scrive ciò che sa.

ער שרייבט בעסטער וואס שרייבט וואָס ער ווייסט

Et ille, qui dicit, quod scit optimum.

Yeah, I am multilingual. Either that or I have Google translate bookmarked.

Ég hef Google þýða bókamerki.

ricpic said...

Rush just said that maybe the Gay/Left alliance has gone too far in forcing the cancelation of Duck Dynasty. That this may be the moment the majority...well, the Christian majority, says "Enough!" Or "Basta!" We shall see.

I like the Latin best!

blake said...

"Duck Dynasty" hasn't been cancelled. Phil's been suspended.

DD will run for as long as the Robertsons want it to, I'd guess.

windbag said...

Does Don Imus get that missing ball?

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

A&E is playing it both ways. A&E suspend Robertson after he completed taping for the season to appease the gay mafia, A&E fully intend to run all the tapes and benefit from all the publicity, and then A&E can "reinsate" him when it is time to record the next season.

Robertson should, however, tell A&E to duck off.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I have to agree that a case involving mononutleois is always compelling.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

windbag, if he does that would give Imus one.

The Dude said...

EBL FTW!

chickelit said...

Google translate gives in German:

Er schreibt am besten, wer schreibt, was er weiß.

I think the "wer schreibt" clause is redundant and I would remove it for pithier cogency:

Er schreibt am besten was er weiß.

Better still would be:

Was man weiß schreibt man am besten.

Es klingt besser.

chickelit said...

Troop, your writing just gets better. Stay focussed.

The Dude said...

We have identified a local source for translating the-tome-to-be into German.

Very poetic, mein geschätzter Freund.

chickelit said...

The fastest way to translate prose these days is to feed the text into a Google translator and then edit the garbage/nonsense. I would never ever use an unedited Google translation (especially for a client) because it's just not up to snuff yet.