Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you who spend some of their precious time here at "Trooper York."

It has been a tough couple of months here and we are going to have a lot of changes in the new year. But with faith and love you will always come out right in the end.

I wasn't really up to traveling this year so we spent Christmas day with my best friend and his wife in Park Slope. We had a wonderful Christmas dinner of roast pork and fingerling potatoes with asparagus and a mushroom/sausage stuffing that was out of this world.

I hope all of you had a happy and healthy holiday and that you were able to enjoy your friends and family in the spirit of the season.

May God bless you and keep you through out the New Year.

9 comments:

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Same to you and Lisa. May next year be an improvement.

ndspinelli said...

Merry Christmas. Ironically, we had roast pork, asparagus and pasta, all requests from the family. I love most anything.

Darcy said...

Amen.

windbag said...

I wish you guys the best in 2014. Here's hoping and trusting that the rough patch is past.

There's a smidgeon of concern that fingering potatoes and stuffing your sausage may place you in a high risk group. Just sayin'.

rcocean said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Lets hope 2014 will be better for everyone.

Trooper York said...

I ate very little of the stuffing and potatoes.

The funny thing is all I drank was water.

Everybody else got smashed.

It was very different experience for me.

ndspinelli said...

Not drinking is quite edifying. When I was getting my diabetes under control I quit drinking for 8 years, 2000-08. I actually cut way back in 1998. However, I found myself having a drink just to make others feel comfortable. That just struck me as fucked up, so I just quit. I also wanted to show my son, showing signs of alcoholism, you didn't have to drink to be a man.

I will now go for months w/o drinking. I am blessed to be able drink or no drink. But, not drinking and being around others who are is sometimes funny, sometimes not, but always interesting.

MamaM said...

Receiving, appreciating and returning in kind the good wishes and appreciation expressed. May you and Lisa continue to be blessed with life and love, with health, purpose and prosperity to follow.

Cody Jarrett said...

Same to you, Trooper. I hope everyone's new year is better than the old, that the sun is warmer, rain is softer and the snow looks like a post card.

Thank you all for putting up with my sarcastic crankiness, ad for the kindness shown.

And thank you, Jimmy D most of all. I wish you and Lisa the best in the upcoming new year and beyond. MamaM said it very well, but she usually does.