Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Problems of a shopkeeper




We decided to be open on Monday and Tuesday before New Years because we didn't want to be closed four days in a row. We had a surprisingly good day on Monday. Except for the nanny problem.

You see sometimes nannies come in to shop and they are always a problem. They usually have a couple of kids in tow who run wild because the nannies can't control them at the best of times and when they are trying on clothes they really don't give a shit.

Well yesterday we had two dressing rooms going with destination shoppers who were spending. So the wife had to pay attention to them. I had to deal with everything else. So when this nanny came in I helped her find a dress for New Years. She was there for two hours while the nasty kids talked and ran around and acted like little entitled assholes. Now as a Man I can't correct them. I don't want to get arrested. So the wife had to talk sternly to them a few times. I wanted to simply talk some sense to them. "Look kids your parents don't love you. That  is why they leave you in the hands of an illegal immigrant for sixty hours a week. They would rather be at the office shuffling papers than wiping you snot faced noses and listening to your bullshit. Oh and you were adopted. Your real parents hated you even more. So sit down and wait till you get old enough to take drugs to take the edge off your useless unhappy lives."

But the wife wouldn't let me do that.

I never get  to have any fun.

11 comments:

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I suppose leaving poison candy out for them is out of the question?

Not really poison, just enough to make them reflect on things.

ricpic said...

Would you rather be loved by parents who couldn't afford the Ivies even if you could get in or unloved by parents who'll get you into the Ivies by hook or by crook?

Jack Benny: Don't rush me, I'm thinking...I'm thinking.

ndspinelli said...

My daughter is a nanny and the parents are the antithesis of that. They treat my daughter like family, and spend a lot of time w/ their kids.

Michael Haz said...

Just give them free puppies.

ndspinelli said...

And, the kids are 2 VERY well behaved girls. They behave better for her than their parents. She is tough, loving, but no horseshit, like her old man.

ndspinelli said...

Haz, My daughter got a Chihuahua puppy this year. Those 2 girls would do anything to spend time w/ Minnie. They would clean toilets to play w/ Minnie.

The Dude said...

I now have a greater insight into your pro-infanticide rant over at TOOP.

I was going to chastise you but then realized there was probably a trigger event.

Which might be another solution.

D'oh - did I write that out loud?

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Just give them free puppies.

How about free ferrets, without the scent glands removed.

Cody Jarrett said...

Evi's on an evil kick. Stinky ferrets?

Cody Jarrett said...

How about Tom Brady without his scent glands removed?

Spreadin' the uggfunk everywhere

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Hey, Gisele controls TB with her pheromones...