Sunday, April 19, 2015

And the horse she rode in on.................

There is this older drunken bleached blond nasty woman who is the subject of hundreds of comments each day on the internet. She is a horrible person who has nasty feuds and bitter disputes and just can’t get along with anyone. Her family are basically enablers who allow her to act out this way. It is a function of her alcohol abuse or maybe just her nasty disposition. She polarizes. Some people are her partisans and other people despise her. Her name:

Kim Richards.


She is one of the Housewives on the “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” that just wrapped up their season. One of the main themes was the fact that she was an addict who was acting out and some of the women thought she needed help. Maybe rehab or an intervention. Kim went off the rails fighting this. She attacked everyone else. Her sister. Her other cast members. She pointed her boney finger and claimed the problem was everyone talking about her. That she had only one “slip” where she took her dying ex-husbands pill because she was in 100% pain because of bronchitis, pneumonia or a hernia. Pick one because she offered all them up as excuses at one time or another.

So she would deflect and attack and insist that everyone else was wrong and that she was sober and they all wanted to hurt her. That they didn't understand what she was saying. That they had their own secrets that she could reveal that would make them look a lot worse than she ever did.

It all finally blew up this season. Her dog bit her niece’s hand and sent her to the hospital for a week-long stay. After the dog had savaged a family friend who is suing her and the television production company. Kim deflected and never apologized. She blamed her niece and said she could tell the whole story but didn't want to put it out there for everyone to know. Which was bullshit. She had a dog that had bitten several other people and it savaged her niece. That was the turning point for most of her fans (It happened on a Sunday by the way. Bad shit happens on Sundays when you drink).


Originally I was a big fan of Kim Richards. I was banned from “Television Without Pity” because I posted too many comments defending her in a previous season. I thought she was getting a bad deal and that too many people were going after her when she didn’t deserve it. Not anymore. She showed me what she was all about in the way she treated people this season. Her narcissism and sense of entitlement were off the charts. And her. A Child Star.


I am generally an all or nothing guy. Good or evil. Right or Wrong. Nuance is for pussies. Once you lose me you don’t get me back. You are either for us or against us. So I am on the hate Kim Richards train. Metaphorical  hate of course. You know internet hate. Where you mock her and say nasty shit and laugh at her pretensions and troubles. Because she deserves it.

So I was noodling along on the “Previously TV” boards in the discussion about the last reunion episode and somebody mentioned that Kim was bad but she wasn't Hitler. I went “wait a minute she is definitely worse than Hitler.” I proceeded to my patented method of beating a horse to death by making comment after comment with joke after joke. It helps to be familiar with the show to understand the jokes but I liked them. For example:

“Hitler once borrowed one of Goering's pain pills because he was in 100% pain because of bronchitis, pneumonia and a hernia.

The next thing you know he invaded Poland.

And he still isn't as bad as Kim Richards.”


So these stupid jokes got a huge bunch of “likes” and people were enjoying them until the moderator posted a comment to ask that we stop with the Hitler jokes. Now why would he do that? Probably because some weak sisters complained. Lots of people liked it. Some did not. But they want to squash it. I had some good natured back and forth with him in the private message function and decided to drop it. I don’t need to get banned from another site.

Now that thread is non-stop life affirmation stories about addiction and mother problems. Boring Oprah shit to the max. I would like to protest that noise but it will not fly. I guess that is the kind of crap that they want to see over there. As rh would say it is the soap opera woman and who am I to say nay? It is really a woman's show after all.

Now the way the moderator handle it is the way to handle a dispute. You talk to the person. You don’t go into the comments on attack mode and not expect to get attacked right back. You should expect to get as good as you give. Or worse if you are not witty or funny or interesting.  As I said before you lose me then that’s that. I believe in vendetta and going to mattresses. I might forget about you and move on to other things but once we are the outs there ain't no way back. That's just the way I am and I am too old to change my evil ways.

Kim Richards has lost me. I will attack her with nasty but hopefully funny comments. I have no patience for people who want to defend her and say that it is not fair to dump on her. Sometimes it is the only thing to do.

Kim Richards got arrested this weekend for causing a commotion at the Polo Lounge where she was drunk and harassing other patrons. When she was arrested she kicked a cop. And there are still people who want to protect and enable her. Later for that shit.

Some drunken blond dumb shits deserve all the crap they get. And then some.

23 comments:

MamaM said...

Foamin' at the mouth is rarely a good sign. Just sayin'.

Finding a scapegoat, however, is as old as the hills, with as many justifications for doing so as people who've needed somewhere to dump. Plus it paves the way for some great Hitler jokes.

chickelit said...

I obsess about WW I the way Troop does about Real Housewives.

Thanks for holding up the mirror.

Trooper York said...

I find the Real Housewives much more enjoyable to follow and commment on than the number 506 in the posts of police misconduct or defense of gay marriage.

The issues of family dysfunction and addiction in this case in particular bring out a lot of interesting and heartfelt view points from regular normal people. Not big mouth ideologues of both sides who pontificate in a pompous parade of putrid prose.

Trooper York said...

Plus I combined Real Housewives with World War Two by explaining why Kim Richards is worse than Hitler.

ndspinelli said...

Trooper is channeling ChipS and it's just as stupid and creepy! This place is getting lame. I don't need this corn. I want people who think just like me. I am better than you people who go different places, associate w/ different people, and do not like what I like. WHO MOVED MY FUCKING CHEESE!

Trooper York said...

Hey if associating with the likes of Inga and Max are what you think is best then have at it buddy.

I know that you think if you go through miles of horseshit there is a pony there somewhere but I don't see it.

Trooper York said...

I respect ChipS as a talented but idiosyncratic voice. He puts up a whole bunch of content. It can't all be pearls. I know how hard it is to be consistently interesting when you are doing multiple posts. I think Lem is finding that as well.

It is of course a lot easier if you just post cop bashing or gay marriage posts like Turley and Althouse do in every other thread. Then you have the same old people saying the same old things. That is really exciting!!!!

ndspinelli said...

I meant Chip Ahoy, but you seem to know that. And, some of your INCESSANT harping like an old fucking lady is trying to get some conflict to get more than single or no comments on your posts. You see that formula on the vapid reality shows you watch obsessively. You and other here CONSTANTLY fucking whine about other blogs. It passed Tedious 2000 miles ago and is approaching the town of Pathological. I HAVE NOT addressed those idiots you named directly in months. I GET IT, YOU DON'T LIKE TOP OR TURLEY!!!!!! Is there somewhere in the future where I don't need to read about you fucking whining about it?? BASTA for fucks sake!!

This is where you dissemble and say you don't care about the number of comments you get. Don't you realize you are fooling no one? You're a good guy. I like you. But you are full of shit sometimes and this is one of them.

chickelit said...

Has Spinelli been drinking?

chickelit said...

You and other here CONSTANTLY fucking whine about other blogs.

Fuck you too.

Trooper York said...

Nick is very sensitive.

I like to get comments and I appreciate the people who give them. I always have and have said that many times. If I was worried about the numbers I would not have a closed blog.

I write about what strikes me at the time. About things that interest me at that moment. They are not for everyone. Like Chips posts about pop up books.

I had been talking about how fucked up Turley is lately because I had been reading his blog. That won't be a problem any more. Just like TOP.

Trooper York said...

This post was about commenting on blogs and how people moderate and control the comments section. Plus some interesting parallels between Kim Richards and the Evil Blogger Lady.

ndspinelli said...

chick, Have you been drinking? People lament about you commenting on TOP and I have defended you, ass wipe!

ndspinelli said...

Trooper, My old man taught me to not whine like a girl. I have been directing to Turley my thoughts on his cop bashing. He does not control his blog like the bitch @ TOP. I was also taught by my old man that if you have a problem w/ someone, you take it to them, not complain and whine somewhere else. You have commented @ least a hundred times you don't like Turley's blog. I'm not sensitive. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!! I am BORED as are obviously others, w/ the incessant whining. They show their boredom by not reading or commenting. I'm being straight w/ you. Another boring part are these reality show posts. Your blog so your choice. I'm saying to YOU what I think. I'm not going somewhere else and whining about it. MamaM gave you a wise bit of advise. She comes here despite the pretty nasty shit you write about women. She doesn't whine about it. Just fuckin' sayin!!

ndspinelli said...

I could just not comment here like MANY others who no longer do. But, you are a good guy, a funny guy, and I like you. There are some things I don't like, but we all do assessments in our lives. You are someone I like. You are someone when I'm back east I will always make an effort to see. I'm saying to you what others think, but don't say.

Trooper York said...

I addressed it directly with Turley several times and got one sentence replies. Which is fine as he is a busy guy. As you say it is his blog and his choice.

As far as why people don't comment as much I don't presume to know. I have been very hit and miss as too making up posts as I have been very busy and don't have the time. What time I did have was used to comment. There are just fewer and fewer places I would like to commment.

I do know when I do what I feel is my best creative work I almost never get comments. The stuff I am most proud of drops without a ripple. So I can't stress over who comments and who doesn't. I just have to do my thing and let the chips fall where they may.

Trooper York said...

I do appreciate comments and the people who make them.

But that is not the reason I blog. I blog to get things off my chest. I know my interests are not everyones interests.

ndspinelli said...

If I have someone who was a friend, who I had regular communication w/, just disappear, well I would want to know why. I would reach out to them and ask what was up. Maybe you do that back channel. But, people who were regulars, people we all like, just disappear here. I actually have conversations w/ a couple and I know why. But there are several I don't. I don't pander to people, but I come outside myself and wonder if I did something to offend, alienate, them.

You went through a life altering event a couple years ago my friend. It has had a profound effect on your psyche. Just sayn'.

Trooper York said...

There are several people who email me who don't comment here anymore because they don't want to deal with some of the other people here. I am in communication with them but I respect their privacy.

On the other hand I don't intrude in other peoples lives. Two people wrote me and asked to be taken off the list and didn't want to have anything to do with the blog. Sixty Grit and rccommal. I complied with their wishes. As far as I was concerned that was that.

Others comment but only in emails to me. A couple send emails to tell me what the Evil Blogger Lady is up to I guess in the hope that I will get pissed off and rip her. A couple of days ago I got a bunch of emails about some post about fat people in the emergency room or some such bullshit. I didn't take the bait. When I close the door I try to keep it closed.

I have too much going on in my life to sweat it.

Trooper York said...

By the way the emailers with a grudge are lurkers who only posted once or twice back in the days when I was an open blog. Not any names you would recognize.

TrooperYork said...

If anybody has a problem with me and the things I post about and the direction of the blog they should take it up with me directly at jimdolan2@live.com

I promise I will give more than a one sentence answer.

chickelit said...

But that is not the reason I blog. I blog to get things off my chest. I know my interests are not everyones interests.

I can relate to that. I mean, who the fuck blogs about why the Germans were first to use chlorine gas?

I do know when I do what I feel is my best creative work I almost never get comments. The stuff I am most proud of drops without a ripple. So I can't stress over who comments and who doesn't. I just have to do my thing and let the chips fall where they may.

I tried to promote your North Dakota "Love Story at Lem's a couple times but it seemed I overestimated people's interest.

I also offered to narrate some of your Westerns as scripts for chirbits--for example this one: this one.

You should take these efforts as the sincerest form of flattery.

Trooper York said...

Thanks chickie.

I dropped that Dakota story simply because I lost interest in it. Somethings have a natural life and then they die out for me. Even some of my favorites like "Laura Bushes Diary." It just doesn't have the same currency eight years after they have left the White House.