Friday, May 18, 2012

Funny there wasn't any Packer's stuff...I wonder why?

So there wasn't much cool stuff to bid on at the silent auction this year. Except for sports related stuff.



The Cancer society has a connection with a memorabilia guy who works all the fundraisers. He puts out  a piece and sets a minimum price where he makes money and the charity makes some dough. Of course the higher the bidding the more the charity makes.

What was funny was that almost all of the pieces were either the Yankees or the Football Giants. There was one Jackie Robinson thing and one Met's piece and one Knick's item and all the other fifty things were Yankees or Giants.

I bid on a couple of pieces. I lost out on the Larry Johnson autographed basketball which was kind of unique because it was also autographed by all of the sixteen children he had with sixteen different mothers. They know their audience.

I lost on the Eli Manning autographed football used in the Super Bowl that went for a couple of grand. My bid was damn good but not that good.

I also lost on a huge framed photo of the core four Yankees of Jeter, Posada, Pettite and Mariano. I was sure I would get that one but somebody beat me out.

The one piece I did get had photos of the two great catches in the last two Giant Superbowl wins. The David Tyree catch and the Mario Manningham catch of this last one. It also has game tickets attached for the Superbowl. Funny the face value is around $900. Holy smokes.

It is going on the wall in Jim's corner in the back room where the husbands hang out while the wife shops. Along with the photo of Frank and Dean having a cocktail that I got last year. I plan to pick something up every year to decorate the walls.

When Stacy saw me carrying it back to the table she said "Oh what did you get Jim?" I said "I got this great Giant's Superbowl photo montage. Did  I tell you lately that the Giants won the Super Bowl?" She said "Not more than once a day Jim. Not more than once I day."

18 comments:

chickelit said...

You're lookin' great with the new "delicate" eyebrow look.
They could have been penciled on!

Chip S. said...

I guess that old saying is true, that one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Now about my Red Sox memorabilia...

ricpic said...

Pretty handsome that Dolan guy. But what he's doing buying anything but gold in these teetering on the brink days is beyond me.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where are you going to hang it, in the bathroom?

windbag said...

If you had one of these, would you use it?

Michael Haz said...

Oop for the win!

I loaned my Vince Lombardi paperweight to Lambeau field.

ndspinelli said...

How much did the Mike Kekich Fritz Peterson family photos go for?

Did anyone bid on the Knicks 3rd championship tix..oh wait they've only won 2 in a century.

The Lawrence Taylor crack pipe had to bring in @ least 2 large. I would have only bid on it if it would be delivered to me by a teenage protitute @ a cheap motel in Jersey along w/ an 8 ball.

How was Ray Handley's gown?

Trooper York said...

Hey look they didn't have stuff you guys would bid on like getting tweeted photos of Bret Farve's junk or Fuzzy Thurston's butt plug or the shopping cart Lionel Aldridge used to wheel around Green Bay with all his possessions.

Trooper York said...

They are planning to make a Peterson Kekich movie.

With Mat Damon, Ben Afleck, Scarlett Johansson and Jessica Biel.

Even though those douches are big Red Sox fans they have to play Yankees if they want have a relationship with a woman. Just sayn'

Trooper York said...

Lisa trimmed my eyebrows and my mustache before we went to the party.

She says when I do it I look like I have a Hitler mustache.

I always tell her "You say that like it's a bad thing."

Anonymous said...

A Schnickelgruber mustache.

Titus said...

Curt Schilling is in big trouble out here.

chickelit said...

You come a long ways from the look of labor's hero in the 1930s:

link

ndspinelli said...

Titus, Thanks for the lead. He looks like a conservative hypocrite. And, he will get pummelled by the press.

blake said...

This was New York City and there was no Packers stuff?

Shockah!

AllenS said...

Maybe they couldn't afford the Packer stuff.

Trooper York said...

Well there were a lot of fudge packers there and we know that they are big Aaron Rodgers fans.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

MamaM said...

Did I tell you lately that the Giants won the Super Bowl?" She said "Not more than once a day Jim. Not more than once I day."

I can only think of one person who might say it more often with more spark, and that would be Mrs Mara.