Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Memories





Dust Bunny Queen said...

I always had to go clothes shopping with my mother. She was color blind and couldn't tell what things went together. It was my job to help her pick the colors that would look nice and not clash. After I moved out and went to college, she had to ask the sales ladies when I wasn't available to go shopping. Very frustrating for her.

Our shopping trips were always a lot of fun. I can't ever remember arguing or fighting. Buying clothes for me and for my mother and my brother (also color blind so he didn't care what we got him). We would go to lunch and later buy some See's Candy to take home to the guys.

I loved shopping with my mother and wish that she was still alive so we could go again.

PS I love leopard.

8 comments:

ndspinelli said...

Most color blind people are male. Out of respect, I'll leave it @ that.

Dust Bunny Queen said...

Yes. I know.

Most people wouldn't be so subtle when trying to call someone else a liar. I guess it is a skill you hone by being a professional sneak.

:-D

I'll leave it at that.

Trooper York said...

I just want you know that we don't call them color people anymore. I think the preferred term of viewers of color. Just sayn'

ndspinelli said...

DBQ, I truly wasn't calling you a liar. The color blind comment was just a trivial fact. I like facts.."Just the facts" ala Joe Friday. The "I'll leave it @ that" was aimed @ your love of leopard. We're cool DBQ. Except for the leopard skin thing!

blake said...

Wait, do we have to call it African-American blind now?

ndspinelli said...

Only if it's Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, or The Blind Boys of Alabama.

Dust Bunny Queen said...

See the people in Arkansas are also color blind, if my hubby's grandmother is to judge by.

She just called all African Americans ....Darkies. Like my mother, I guess she could only see shades and not colors.
:-D

MamaM said...

Great pic of DBQ dressed up and decked out in sensible heels with one slain beast around the neck and a live one on a leash held in check with her gloved hand and a harness as she contemplates purchases for her next recipe.

IMO these weird photo pairings represent some of the best of TY, but then I liked the pics at TOP too.