Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A man needs a maid!



So I haven't been talking about the problems we have been having on the maid front lately. The Russian quit about six or eight weeks ago. She had a new full time job as a waitress so she didn't want to clean houses anymore. She gave us a list of six or seven different people to call but we never got around to it because we were two busy. Also we found a couple of things that she had broke so we figured why would we go with someone she recommended.

So as a result we have been cleaning the house and the wife is trying to kill me. We were off yesterday and all we do is clean. Now I know it sounds crazy but I do all the cooking and laundry at home. The wife has too much to much to do with the business to handle mundane shit like that. Plus she can't cook for shit so I have cooked every day since we got married. Recently I started doing the wash because it easier for me to do it while I am cooking or doing prep work or whatever downstairs why she is upstairs on the computer. When we come home I can get three or four loads done while I am cooking and we can keep it under control.

But yesterday she decided to dust and she almost killed me. She made me move all the furniture on the second floor out so we could vacuum out all the dust. Under the bed. The moldings up to the top of the ten foot ceiling. The bed crown. Everything. I thought I was gonna die.

Today in the store we had a lot of drama. A second employee quit with lots of tears and recriminations and bullshit. It was more important for her to do something stupid than to keep her job. Her job didn't mean that much to her. But it did one great thing. It took all the bad energy out of the store.

What it does mean is more work for Jim. We have to be in the store a lot more now since I only have one employee until I hire somebody new. So we can't waste our time dusting and cleaning. So a man needs a maid.

Not five minutes after the dummy leaves the store than a little Mexican walks in. Speaks no English. So the wife goes "Do you clean houses?" Which is the natural question. I mean if you meet an Oriental you ask "Do you do nails." It goes with the Territory. Well she didn't speak English but we found out that her sister cleans houses and was going to meet her in five minutes. She comes in and we interview her and she starts on Monday.

Good things happen immediately when you get rid of the bad energy.

Imagine how good it would have been if we had gotten rid of the Jug Eared Jesus?

12 comments:

windbag said...

I do the laundry and whoever is home is the cook. Even the kids kick in and help cook. They discovered the secret to being the cook: you flavor it with as much garlic as you want when you're the cook.

Cleaning house sucks, but I found an okay arrangement. Since my son outgrew his Legos, we made furniture out of all of those damn little pieces. We throw plastic, outdoor cushions on them to make them comfy. Once a week, I bring the pressure washer home from the restaurant and it's clean in under five minutes.

When we feel like making it fun, we invite the cats in before firing up the pressure washer. I love living in the boondocks.

john said...

If I, a complete stranger, walked in Lee Lee's and your wife looked at me and said "The garbage cans are around the back.", would I be insulted?

Probably not, 'cause I get worse at home. But not everyone is as easygoing.

MamaM said...

Sounds as if the old broom swept clean after all. Hope the new maid works out.

Dust Bunny Queen said...

Wow. You guys are sure trusting. To hire a perfect stranger off of the street who doesn't speak english, who has no references to come into your house and be able to rifle through your underwear drawers and lift the silverware and jewelry on her way out.

I would never have a maid, not that I like house cleaning...cuz I really don't. I just don't want people in my house when I'm not there.

The Dude said...

I just learned that one may move furniture to vacuum beneath it.

How about that!

Trooper York said...

Well DBQ we did check her references. She cleans for two other families.

It has been my experience that first generation Mexican immigrants are hard working honest people. They want the job. We stay with them for the first couple of weeks while they clean and our valuables are locked away.

Plus trust me. Nobody wants to root around in my underwear. Just sayn'

blake said...

Maybe we could replace everyone in DC with honest, hard-working, first gen Mexicans.

The Dude said...

The gift Spain left in the New World was uniformly corrupt governance. We avoided that, to a greater or lesser extent, but as of today, we might as well go with Hispanic despots.

Might be an improvement. Plus Cuban cigars might become legal.

windbag said...

Plus Cuban cigars might become legal.

I wonder if any Cuban refugees were able to bring a suitcase of cigars with them? It'd make a tidy nest egg in the land of opportunity.

windbag said...

Nobody wants to root around in my underwear.

We voted on your tits in the last poll. Maybe you could scrounge up some pictures of skivvies, include one of yours, and we could vote for which one it is?

Dust Bunny Queen said...

Nobody wants to root around in my underwear. Just sayn'

LOL. Boxers or briefs? Inquiring minds...oh...nevermind....maybe not.

Agreed on the hard working hispanics. Being out in the sticks, our illegals are mostly agricultural workers or mechanics on the big ranches. Family and church going people. They make good money and are very loyal to their employers. Very few dirtball druggies in our little community. Those guys are all out in the National Forests raising pot and cooking drugs. The local mexicans drop a dime on them whenever they can, because those guys are bad for their reputations.

I love to hire those guys for yard work. Unfortunately in the summer they are all working and I can't afford to compete with Driscoll Strawberry or any of the other big hay and alfalfa operations. :-(

Michael Haz said...

We used to have a guy clean our house every two weeks. He was great - ex Navy guy who went galt and cleaned houses on a cash only basis. He injured one of his knees and needed surgery, then got married, so he found a regular job and stopped cleaning houses.

We didn't want to hire anyone else. We came up with an alternate plan: once each week we both take off every stitch of clothing, crank up some punk polka music and clean the place from top to bottom. Works like a charm, provided one remembers to not answer the doorbell.