Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Hot stuff!


So I think these meds are fucking me up. I am always tired and not as sharp as I used to be.

It is freezing cold in the house as the temp is really low in Brooklyn this weekend. So I wear my ratty robe all the time. I had it for a long time and it is big on me now since I lost a bunch of weight. Earlier in the day I was filling the coffee pot and the sleeve hung over the sink near the faucet and filled with water. What a dick right?

Anywho I was cooking dinner. I had put a pot of pasta fa zool on the burner. Now the wife says I always turn the burner up too high which is true. But this is a new stove so I plead ignorance. So I reach across the stove to turn on the oven and some how the side of the sleeve catches on fire and when I put my arm down the side goes up. Now I don't notice this as it is a thick robe and I don't feel the heat. But I smell something burning.

I look in the oven but I knew I didn't put anything in there yet but I might have left a pot inside the oven. But I didn't. Then I looked to the side. The whole of the sleeve and side was on fire. Nice!

I took it off and put it in the sink and put out the fire be beating it out and downing it in water. I don't panic in a crisis so I didn't do anything but fix it.

The wife was in the front room when she smelt the burning cloth. She came in the room and flipped out. Not that she was wrong. She says I need a keeper. Someone to follow me around to keep me out of trouble.

Can't say that she is wrong.

14 comments:

Cody Jarrett said...

glad it wasn't more serious.

rcocean said...

So losing weight saved you? Or caused the robe to flop around and caught on fire?

I'm thinking about going on a diet, but won't if it causes accidents.

And glad you're safe.

Chip S. said...

I think youre getting sleeve garters for Christmas.

The Dude said...

What about the robe? WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE ROBE???

Michael Haz said...

There should be live cams in your home.

Michael Haz said...

I'd pay to watch. Most of the time.

ndspinelli said...

I can put in surveillance cameras and give all of us access, a Truman Show of sorts.

Keep laughing paisan. Do you put blended cannellini beans in the soup? It adds a rich creamy texture w/o the fat.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

So, it was a literal fire.

A fire break from... Whose that Girl?

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

You are like that chick in the Hunger Games!

blake said...

"Honey? What are you doing in there?"

"Just putting out the fire!"

"What fire?!"

"You know, the one on my sleeve... No biggie."

MamaM said...

Holey Flaming Fa Zoool Batsleeve!

At least there's something fresh to add to the thankful list, though losing a favorite robe is a bummer.

One gust short of a Glowering Inferno!

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Feeling hot, hot, hot!

MamaM said...

TY, I read this one to MrM tonight, and he laughed and laughed. Said, "I can see how that happened! I worry about that with me getting my belly too close", as we have a gas stove with a cupboard of spices located above it that requires a close stretch when cooking.

It's been my experience, when the normal flow of life is interrupted with a major life event, the ongoing patterns that have been mindlessly sustained for months and years without incident take a dump and weird stuff happens. A keeper might not be such a bad deal if you could find what used to be termed a "Girl Friday"!

bagoh20 said...

Fart lighting. It's all fun and games until someone burns their ass off.