Wednesday, November 20, 2013

You are the commercials you watch!

I always tease the wife that the commercials on the TV channel you watch define who you are. For example if you are catching a celebrity roast on the Comedy Channel you get to see "Girls Gone Wild" videos or ads for chat lines. If you are watching the retro "MeTV" you get adds for the Little Rascal Scooter and Catheters. But I was watching Fox News yesterday and I had to laugh.

They kept having this commercial for the "Hurry Cane" which is an all Terrain cane that is made right here in the USA! It has a swiveling head that moves with your body to give you support and flexibility. I am thinking of asking the wife to buy it for me for Christmas but she might hit me on the head with a frying pan. I have been using a cane to get around with and I might need one for after my next operation. So it might come in handy.

On the other hand I have been using my sword cane which would come in handy if I run into some yutes playing the Knock out game. So maybe I should stick with that.

Fox News sure knows it's audience. Old sick white guys.

10 comments:

The Dude said...

Get a sword cane or a gun cane. You might need it.

ndspinelli said...

I mute all commercials, which pretty much means during the news and watching sports.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

A gun cane in New York City would get you a minimum of a year in prison (probably more in Troop's case). We need the technology to create our own force fields. It would be entertaining (at least) if someone tried to play knock out on you and their arm got burned off.

Cody Jarrett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael Haz said...

Get the taser cane. Brrrrrrzzzzaaaap! Problem solved.

I've got a half dozen cane in my umbrella stand. They were all used by now-departed relatives who left them to me. My favorite, the one I use when sciatica attacks, is a hand carved walking stick. A great grandfather made it, and used it for years to walk, swat misbehaving kids and dogs, and look dapper.

I wear starched spats when I use it.

Michael Haz said...

And I sing like Leon Redbone.

MamaM said...

I love Leon Redbone, but elderly relatives who find it necessary to correct kids and dogs with a "swat" from a stick thick enough to bear weight deserve to be hit with a taser. Brrrrrrzzzzaaaap! Problem solved.

I hold no respect for humans who think whacking, swatting or poking dogs with sticks is a good idea for any reason other than self defense. Yutes intent on knockout are another story.

The Dude said...

I carry a shillelagh that I made out of an oak tree killed by a honeysuckle vine. I only carry it to try to keep loose dogs away from my dogs when we are walking. Altogether too often we encounter dogs just wandering around the neighborhood, sometimes it's not a problem, sometimes it's all I can do to avoid a huge dog fight. Not fun, but then again, I am out there for exercise. Running and yelling are both good aerobic activities.

Trooper York said...

Well lately I have been weak and dizzy and I need the support so I don't hit the deck when I am walking on the broken up sidewalks around Brooklyn.

Dogs are not so much of a problem her since most people only have the little gay ones.

Michael Haz said...

Turn the1 pressure up. Increase the salt, cut back on the diuretics.