Monday, April 14, 2014

Keep his name out of your mouth.



 
 
Last night on the "Real Housewives of Atlanta" the diva Nene Leakes appeared on a talk show and she talked about how one of the other girls was nothing but a shit stirrer. This other broad Kenya spent the whole season playing one lady off against another to bring the drama. When Andy Cohen the producer asked who should be fired Nene said definitely not Kenya. Because she was good for the show. All of her drama and bullshit brought eyes to the show and they need to keep her for the good of the show.

One of my lurkers emailed me a link of a post by the Evil Blogger Lady where she attacks the Duke. She tries to set him up as a homophobe because of a quote from the new bio that just came out. So naturally she wants to mock and denigrate him and leaves that out there like a big turd in the punchbowl. She got some pushback in the comments but not as much as she would if I jumped in to set the record straight. Which I will not do.

This lurker is acting like Kenya. Stirring the shit. Trying to get a reaction. Even if I don't go over there I could still react at Lem's joint the next time Lawnboy shows up to shit in the punchbowl. But I won't.

Neither one of those douchebags is worthy of talking about a great American like John Wayne. Their knowledge about the Duke, his movies and his beliefs are as shallow as their knowledge of just about everything they are talking about.

I would like to ruminate about the Duke here for a while. I hope you will indulge me.

5 comments:

blake said...

Go for it!

One of the biggest things I had to overcome to see "Saving Mr. Banks" was the knowledge—the dead sure certainty—that modern Hollywood couldn't begin to grasp a giant like Walt Disney.

MamaM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MamaM said...

Ruminate away. I wondered how soon it would be before the news reached your ears. Things sure are getting tetchy over there.

When the Rooster shows up at Lem's for a fight, and Lindy hops along behind, and Meade starts larding TOP threads with bait and calling for commenters who've left (using silly non-cute nicks), and Althouse rings the farm bell for Crack while dinging the Duke, something's going down in the barnyard.

Best not step in the shit, watch from the kitchen window, and enjoy the fresh eggs and meat. Let someone else take on the slaughter, plucking and mucking. They'll show up. That's why the Duke remains an icon and Justified a favorite. Meanwhile, you get to fill the roll of Churchill on the sidelines, painting pictures and encouraging the troops.

chickelit said...

My best guess is that Althouse dissing John Wayne disses Troops' avatar which indirectly disses Troop.

MamaM said...

That was my guess too.