Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The informer



Katie Madden: Ah, Gypo, what's the use? I'm hungry, and I can't pay my room rent. Have you the price of a flop on you?
Gypo Nolan: No.
Katie Madden: What's the use? Ah. don't look at me like that, Gypo! You're all I got! You're the only one. You know that. But what chance do we have to escape? Money! Some people have all the luck!
[Indicating the ad in the travel agency window]
Katie Madden: Look at that thing handing us the ha-ha! Ten pounds to America! Twenty pounds and the world is ours?
Gypo Nolan: What are you saying that for?
Katie Madden If only I could record something to sell. You know. From one of my customers. Maybe the spuldeen that owns the soccer team. Gypo can you get me a tape recorder?

10 comments:

Shouting Thomas said...

The volunteer thought police are everywhere!

chickelit said...

Ten pounds to America! Twenty pounds and the world is ours?

Pounds of what, Sterling?

rcocean said...

I work in corporate HR. I'm the token straight white guy. You can't believe how many phony accusations of racism/sexism/etc. we get. Don't like your boss or co-worker? Just file a claim of discrimination or sexual harassment or say he called someone a K*k* or a N**g*r. Even the lefties in HR have gotten cynical.

rcocean said...

Magic, Silver and Sterling. Should be a joke there somewhere.

Shouting Thomas said...

@rcocean

I did a short contract stint in HR.

Hell on earth.

That universe was forfeited to the fags and fag hags in the early 90s, and I imagine it has only gotten worse.

ndspinelli said...

A colored guy w/ Aids and 2 Jews walk into a bar.

rcocean said...

"Hell on earth." The only upside, is it can quite satisfying to defend someone who's been wrongly accused.

Plus, a lot of good-looking babes join HR and stay awhile before they quit and go have children. Its a "Soft" Business job. The women who stick around in HR are...well say no more.

rcocean said...

No misunderstand, I'm a happily married man. But its nice to work with good looking babes. Its better than working with Bub Frump.

rcocean said...

Not as good as working as a bra fitter though.

Trooper York said...

I have a bra fitting story for you that happened today rc.

Post to follow.