Thursday, April 3, 2014

Problems of a shopkeeper

So I might have mentioned that we are opening a new lingerie store in the back office. There is a side entrance on President Street that I have kept closed the last seven years. Mainly because the gate is a bitch to open. It is an old school heavy duty one that you role up by main strength. Obviously I can't do that anymore so I am having it replaced. This is the before photo. After I change it I will show you the after photo.

We are going to put a few mannequins in the window with some sexy lingerie on them so the neighborhood pervs will be standing outside. I might have to get a bouncer.

Of course NYC has a regulation about this. This old school gate is grandfathered in until 2026 but if I change it I have to use a gate you can see through. Which is fine since we want people to look in and want to come to the store. An electric gate will go for about $2,600. Nice right?

1 comment:

blake said...

But, I just saw this commercial about how New York is Open For Business!!